Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank CF Pages When using stored procedures

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2007 Apr 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment:
Windows XP SP2, IIS, SQL 2005 and CFMX 7,0,2,142559 .

Issue: I have queries within the CFML pages coded using <cfquery>. Converting these to <cfstoredproc> leads to a blank cfml page with no errors in the exception, server or application log.
I ran a profiler trace on the database and I can see the stored proc getting executed but still get a blank page.
Executing an testing the queries in Management studio\query aalyzer works successfully.

Any ides on the cause of this.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure the account that CF is running under has permissions to access the stored procedure. I don't know about SQL2005, but previous versions of MS SQL would default store procedure permissions in a way that forced you to go in a manually check the permissions for the CF database account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a profiler trace on the database and I can see the stored proc getting executed but still get a blank page.

From the above the account has access to the SP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how anyone could really fully answer this without seeing your stored proc code (or your CFSTOPREPROC call for that matter)

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify. My CF pages are returning blank when I use stored procedures and or cfquery. So this is not just about one stored procedure or one sql statement or the syntax. My issue is with CF MX 7 returning blank pages. In CF MX 6 and CF 5, I would get an error message with the line number and offending page name. My debug settings is set to classic. Enable Robust Exception Information,General Debug Information,Database Activity ,Exception Information and Tracing Information are checked.
The only way I have been able to debug so far is by opening the application log and looking at the entries. This is slow and inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm sure you've already checked this, but just to confirm, when you say a blank page - have you checked the HTML source code returned to make sure no error messages are for some reason not being displayed by your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation