• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble inserting audio in Presenter 9

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to manually insert audio into the Presenter 9 pptx plugin as a single .wav file with embedded markers from a Sony Vegas audio export and getting an error message each time.

Here is my process:

>Presenter >Import Audio >Browse to .wav file >imports the file >OK (import complete) >Publish

>error message: "Adobe Presenter cannot locate the audio clips for slides 1 through x."

This process has worked perfectly in previous versions of Presenter, but is not working now. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you verified that Presenter placed the audio file(s) in the source folder (Folder with same name as your presentation > audio)? That is where the audio clips would be placed for use when Presenter creates the Presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and NO presented did not move the audio in that folder.  I will try manually moving it there and re-inserting to see if that works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after creating the folder and moving the media, the same result happens with the error message of not locating the audio files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You placing the audio file in that folder won't result in it working. Presenter must convert the audio, and place it in that folder. It should create a new audio file for each slide.

I've not seen placing markers in the audio files work before, not to say your method is not valid. I create an audio file per slide, and then number them accordingly (slide01.wav, slide02.wav, etc.). Then select the first slide to import the audio to and in the dialog that opens, select all the audio files. Presenter will pull in the audio files and assign them to the slides in sequential order.

That may be faster than fighting with the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

right.  we tried that too and results in the same error message.  something is definitely gonig on with the presenter tool here.  historically though, the markers did work very well for us as output from Sony Vegas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources