• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro Repeatedly Asking to License Despite Registering/Activating

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a fully licensed software version Acrobat XI Pro (not the subscription service) for Windows and was given my serial number.  I registered the product when I first installed Acrobat XI Pro.  However, now Acrobat brings up a window ever so often indicating that I am in trial mode.  Specfically it says “Acrobat XI trial.  Continue using all the great features of Acrobat XI by purchasing a full version today.”

I click the “License This Software” button, sign-in to Adobe, and then enter my serial number. I am able to use Acrobat without issue, so it appears to have accepted my serial number.  However, I will again be prompted to register the product.  The frequency of this prompt is approximately once or twice a day.

The Acrobat help drop-down menu displays Version 11.0.06.

If I click "Repair Acrobat Installation" I see the "Acrobat XI trial" window and it indicates "0 Days remaining."

I'm running WIndows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 32-Bit.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Hi jwyde ,

ThankYou for posting on the forums, this issue can be resolved by following th steps mentioned below.

1)Go to the Adobe PCD folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD and provide administrative privilleges.

2) Do the same with SL Cache under C:\Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

3) Go to the Sl Store under C:\ProgramData\Adobe and give administrative privilleges there too.

Kindly use the url :-  http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Permissions-on-Windows-7 on how to se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jwyde ,

ThankYou for posting on the forums, this issue can be resolved by following th steps mentioned below.

1)Go to the Adobe PCD folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD and provide administrative privilleges.

2) Do the same with SL Cache under C:\Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

3) Go to the Sl Store under C:\ProgramData\Adobe and give administrative privilleges there too.

Kindly use the url :-  http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Permissions-on-Windows-7 on how to set administrative privilleges.

4) Unhide all the hidden files and folder.

5) Delete all the files under the above mentioned folders

6) Launch Acrobat again and enter the serial.

Thanks,

Vikrantt Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I do not have an Adobe PCD or SLCache folder at  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the folders in the 'Program Files (x86)' folder. Deleted them and so far so good. Signed into everything again. Have closed and opened the applications several times and is no longer asking for registering / license / sign-in etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is confusing.  You say to "give administrative privileges" - who do you give them to?  I've been having the same trouble with Acrobat X Pro, and I've spent several days on this, for which Adobe will not be forgiven.  It looks like I may hav !e found the answer after literally hundreds of google searches, uninstalls, reinstall, etc.,   You force your customers to pay too high a price for your security features.  I now have three other PDF programs on my machine, all of which work, and none of which have been as poorly documented and non-functional as Acrobat.

I'd delete it and walk away, but there is one legacy feature I think I still need, hence the effort.  I have learned that the reason I've kept buying Acrobat will soon be eclipsed by an open source project that appears to be active and progressing well.  Adobe's system mangling, lack of support, and non-functional architecture is the reason we'v e kept away from your products in general..  Frankly we're too scared to even try them, based on past "issues" and the high price we've paid, like the one I'm dealing with now.

The alternatives are not as good, but then again we remain productive with no schedule collapses due to Adobe "security" (or incompetence, its hard to really tell).  I notice the industry is moving away from Adobe, and this is probably the underlying reason.  Too bad, your products have merit.

/Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to PM me your fix? I'm having the same problem but with Acrobat XI Standard with about 7 or 8 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bang on the money.  Adobe have lost the run of themselves. Driving everyone to their monthly subscription trough will just accelerate the migration to alternative products.  Their support is non existent.  I emailed their 'support' with details of my serial number etc for my fully paid up Acrobat X1 licence but after 6 months, I still have not had a reply.  My Acrobat X1 keeps telling me that the licence has expired. Thus begins the process of bringing me to their subscription service.  I don't want your subscription service.  I am pissed off re-entering your serial number to no avail.  I have tried all the proposed fixes by other good users (Not Adobe) but none work. Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikrantt,

I gave the Admin permissions to my computer although previously it was 'Everyone'. No hidden files appeared to delete. Still not working. All my other Adobe Apps work - I have CS6 and Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 is not compatible with Windows 11. Problems are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, and the fix you describe only works for so long. As soon as the program tries to update at all, I am back to square one.  I keep having to go back in and delete the new files that appear under those folders.  Every time I have to do this, the "trial" counter shows that it is indeed continuing to track the days...now down to 20.  So far deleting the files over and over seems to work, but I have to wonder what will happen once that trial counter gets to zero. 

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked all those program files including x86 and I see neither of those files to delete. I use this a lot and I am not happy although it does seem to work if I just ignore the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V
I am using Windows 10. I cannot find any of those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines