• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions in an OSMF ParallelElement... OSMFCCDecoder

Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I have built an OSMF player and the brief was to implement closed captioning. So far, so good, I went to here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/devguide/WS5262178513756206-55daa065139e25f4596-8000.ht...

All worked well enough using a SerialElement to schedule content. but then the brief was to implement a new style of advertising and...

Midrolls may or may not be inserted at unknown points and, with a single file for my main content, the only logical way to implement it is to pause within a ParallelElement. That way, the advertising can overlay ads as MediaElements at appropriate points and stop / start / play / pause to its merry satisfaction.

But...

OSMFCCDecoder class breaks with ParallelElement.

It simply does nothing.

There is no way to specify a clip to listen to. No way to get it to show anything.

Therefore, I can either have closed captioning or advertising and, unsurprisingly, my customer wants both...

Is there any way to get sources for OSMFCCDecoder or, better, a more controllable version of OSMFCCDecoder?              

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um.

There was a typo in my code:

Actually, CC doesn't work with _either_ SerialElement or ParallelElement, but does with ProxyElement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm.

Not good news.

I've been working on a work-around using solely ProxyElement without the ParallelElement or SerialElement...

It seems that any modification to the flow at all will break captions. If I use the ProxyElement as a wrapper and set .proxiedElement to the content element once I have checked the ad tags, then captions are broken for that, too.

It seems that the proxy will only work if it is setup with the content element as proxied child on startup... which is sub-ideal.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines