• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page navigation does not function

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not navigate inside of a pdf digital edition book.  I have tried both version 2 and version 3 with the same behaviour. the only way I can move from page to page is by moving the sidebar, up/down keys, etc.. - once I have moved to where I guess I shoudl be - I need to use the "change view function" to change the mode - ie. page width, apge size, or zoom level. Once I select a new view - the page refreshes and I can see it. If i wan to got to the next page - I again need to change the view to get the page to change. 

Navigation using the table of contents, etc.. also requires the same "change view" action.  

This product is makes it imposible to read ebooks on my desktop PC.   I have a laptop with similar software installed and have no problems reading ebooks on that - the page up/ directory/ cursor controls work fine. 

I have tried re-installing several times, uninstalling and installing fresh download, etc..  but nothis seems to cure the  navigation issue on this machine,  I don't wnat to re-install windows and every other applicaiton to get this to work, 

A similar issue was posted last year - but I did not see any answers.  Is there any support for this product.

Any insight woudl be apreciated. .  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found suggestion eslewhere in the furum that suggested installing  version 1.7.2  -  available at http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html .  - may cure navigation issues. 

Installed 1..7.2 and works OK --

Why version 2 or version 3 don't work is a mystery -- running Win7 on both machines - one is OK the other is not

Go figure.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing the exact same problem, and version 1.7.2 of ADE seems to be working, but I wish the latest version would work as well! I am running Windows 7 SP1 x64, and on my other PC with Windows 7 x86 ADE version 3.0 works just fine. I wish Adobe would look into this issue and fix it, cause it's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines