• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can Conditional Tags be reviewed without RH installed?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RH9 to create HTML chm help files. I have two conditional tags setup. All works correctly to build the chm. I would like to somehow display the contents for each conditional tag.  This is not a problem for someone who has RH9 as you can go to reports to see the topics that are associated with each tag and then view the topic which shows text associated with a tag.

However, if a manager needs to review what goes with each tag but doesn’t have RH9, how would I give them something that shows them the content that goes with each tag?  Giving them 2 different chm files to compare won’t do it because there is just too much content to determine the differences.

Thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Okay, some thoughts...

For tags applied to entire topics, you could create a frameset that would allow two topics to be displayed simultaneously. Either side by side or top/bottom. That might allow for easy comparison.

And I was thinking that for content, you might color code the text. But that would likely be a bit labor intensive. My thought was that you could create and apply some styles that would cause the color coding to occur. Only define them in a single style sheet that would only be app

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John. You must have a copy of RH to see the CBTs. You could run the report and hand that to them, but that won't provide them with the detail of where the tags have been applied. Just that they have been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboColum(n),

Disappointing that it can't be done.  Certainly not worth the expense of another copy for reviewing.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely if they want to review to that level of detail, they should be expecting to pay. That isn't so much reviewing as authoring. Just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

RoboHelp 9 has a Review function built into it. You could use this function to create one or two PDF documents you would supply.

Not sure if that would help you out.

From what you have posted, are you saying that you have only applied tags to entire topics? Or are the tags also applied to content within topics?

I've got some ideas brewing, but before trying to suggest something, I'd like to know what the answer to that question is.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I saw the Review was considering using create pdfs and add comments to the pdf within topics to show what goes with what.

I have both, applied tags to entire topics and applied to content within topics.

Thanks for trying to help out.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, some thoughts...

For tags applied to entire topics, you could create a frameset that would allow two topics to be displayed simultaneously. Either side by side or top/bottom. That might allow for easy comparison.

And I was thinking that for content, you might color code the text. But that would likely be a bit labor intensive. My thought was that you could create and apply some styles that would cause the color coding to occur. Only define them in a single style sheet that would only be applied for generating the "review" CHM file. Then you would use the desired original style sheet when generating the final output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Great ideas.  You've given me some options that I will try out.

Thank you for your help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp