Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried ALL online suggestions but Flash Player will NOT install

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE9, Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

For DAYS I've tried every suggestion I've seen online. I've un-installed FP, re-installed many times. Temporarily disabled my AVG 2014 to do so. Tried a few other techy suggestions... WHAT can I do now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a "clean Install": http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

If ti doesn't work after that, post back, and give some specifics about what it is or isn't doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry, but I got lost here with the directionis (below). Don't know how to do all that. What I did was uninstall from your link and my Revo uninstall program. There are NO traces of the program on my PC when I re-installed.

Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you are using a 64-bit system)
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Verify that the files “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl”, "FlashPlayerApp.exe", and "FlashPlayerInstaller.exe" in C:\Windows\system32\ (for 32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (if you are using a 64-bit system) have been deleted. If any of these files cannot be deleted, use Unlocker to remove them from your system.

• Note that you may not see the .exe suffix on FlashPlayerApp.exe and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe, depending on your Explorer settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do it:

1. Highlight the text:

1.jpg

2. Right click and choose "Copy" (or press Crtl+C)

3. Paste it into a Windows Explorer address bar:

2.jpg

Click the "Go arrow" or press "Enter" on your keyboard. You'll see:

3.jpg

You don't have a SysWOW64 folder (being on a 32 bit system), but do the same for the other locations listed, and remove the files if they aren't already gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the SAME ISSUE. I've tried all the suggestions listed online for doing full, complete uninstalls. Deleted the leftover files in my sysWOW64 and Appdata folders. Reinstalling using a "clean install" method. Nothing works.

I can download and install Adobe Flash Player v12.0.0.44. It download, hits 50% and says "Installing" for about 2 seconds and then instantly hits 100% and says it installed successfully. Try to go to the Flash Player check page to see how it's seen, and every page that has flash says it's not installed. Restarting doesn't help either.

Also, in my Control Panel list of installed Programs, it shows Adobe Flash Player at version 12.0.0.44. In Internet Explorer 11, it shows as the proper version in my Add-Ons as well, and is Enabled. However, no sites seem to work with flash as it says it needs updated/installed.

HOWEVER, if I install Google Chrome via the update, Flash works in Chrome. I dont use Chrome. I dont like it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, TAxx... what do we do now?  Have you seen this from Adobe?  ....

http://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb14-04.html

Take a look... what's it mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I get to a white, blank page that says:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"

on all these, that means I don't have them, right?

So I re-installed and it STILL won't install. My AVG 2014 is disabled.

If this is too annoying for you to keep responding, please don't think you have to continue... I understand it can be annoying, but SOMEthing is very wrong here and I just can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer (for the web) and Windows Explorer (for files and folders) aren't the same.

While IE should be able to negotiate an address locally, it's best to use Windows Explorer.

Start>Computer will open a window in Windows Explorer. Use that to go to the locations listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a cute post. Really. It is.

I used Windows Explorer to delete the files. Obviously.

Then I used Internet Explorer to check my Add-Ons to see if the player was installed to the system. It was. The problem is webpages display it needs updated/installed.

Control Panel also shows it installed under my installed Programs. Adobe's page that checks for your current version of Flash, however, says it's not installed or not enabled. It's enabled via my Add-Ons as it should be.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyways, I give up with this. It's absurd why there's issues with this, me not being the only one. I System Restore'd my computer before the install, and everything works again. I'm not updating Flash Player anymore....

Windows 7 x64
Flash Player v11.9.900.170

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tired, disabling ActiveX filtering?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Personally, ActiveX controls are the #1 reason I stopped using IE twelve years ago. They're circa 1993, and Microsoft should have abandoned them in 2001 when EVERYONE else did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, all you terrific people, THANK YOU for taking time to help AND BEING PATIENT with my problem!  I am going to do a System Restore and follow Mike's latest link.... eventually this will be resolved (I hope).    I will save this discussion and re-do things until this is fixed.

Again- THANKS to all of you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines