• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update install will not accept password

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update flach player to 12.0.0.44 A  dialog box saying "install adobe flashplayer wants to make changes. Type your name and password" My name came up automaticlly but it would not acept my password. I reset my password  and am able to log into my account but still ot able to install the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

It's not your Adobe password, It's your OS password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not your Adobe password, It's your OS password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Administrator password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is my administrator?  this is really crazy and very unsatisfactory.  i've been disconnected 4 times from chat also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need this for my snapfish account to upload the photos from my iPad.  what is the problem.  how do i do it?  why is this so complicated? ill go to the apple store, they'll figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Flash Player for iOS - Apple won't allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just read previous questions - like everyone else I'm finding this too frustrating- so are you saying not worth bothering as can't be installed anyway ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Administrator password required to install Flash Player is your OS X user ID password, if you have administrator permissions.  When you log onto your Mac, you log in with a user ID and password.  This is the password required to install Flash Player, or any other application, on Mac.  The password requested is NOT your AdobeID password used to log into these forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now entered my user ID and password. That has not worked. I do not know if I have administrator permissions nor do I know what my OX X user ID password is. I would simply like some help to enable me to download Adobe flash player without having to first unearth the mysteries of encryptology

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill you sound as frustrated as me. I have installed this before with no problem but my hard drive has just been replaced. This is crazy and not right. I just want to transfer old photos stored in snap fish to iPhoto. I'll go to the apple store and they'll have to figure it out. So irritating. Thanks for everyone's help. I don't want to see that shimmy password rejection again

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill and Deadre,

The need to provide a password to install applications is Mac requirement, not Flash Player, evidenced by the dialog displaying being a Mac system dialog, not a Flash Player dialog.

If you're not sure if your user ID is an Administrator or not, you can check the setting in System Preferences > Users & Groups.  If you're not an administrator, you cannot install applications on Mac.  You can also reset your password in this same area.  Simply select the UserID and select 'Change Password'.

HTH.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Maria, my Apple ID password is still not letting me in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find out my administrator password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the person who installed your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right answer, thanks!  Adobe should change their wording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to reply to Mike M.  Right answer, thanks! Somebody should change that wording - whether it is Adobe or Mac.  It sounds like a Mac mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines