• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX 10.6.8 Safari: Flash not working, did clean reinstall & but still not working

Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.6.8 Safari: Flash stopped working (couldn't access Spotify or videos), did clean reinstall & installed newest Flash Player, but still not working and still getting messages to "get flash"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you did the full clean install?

Here are step-by-step instructions for 10.6.8: Snow Leopard Clean Install.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the step-by-step pdf; but still not working. Tried the manual install, but clicking on the installer does show "Show Package Contents." Searched the contents and resources files, but could not find "Adobe Flash Player.pkg."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click or Ctrl+Click

15.jpg

and it's right there

16.jpg

IF   (BIG if...)

You're using the FULL installer and NOT the "stub installer".

Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (MAc OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, appreciate your help, but...Did "succesful" manual reinstall, but still the same thing with sites saying I need Flash Play.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your browser open when you ran the Cocoa installer?

If so, it probably didn't replace the plug-in files. Quit the browser completely and then run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike: Just in case, ran through through Cocoa installer again with browser closed and quit; again "successful" install, but still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What does 'still not working' mean?  What happens when you attempt to view Flash content?

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria: Thanks; when I try to log-in to Spotify, I get the message: "To enjoy Spotify, please install Adobe Flash" (same message I got yesterday when this started); when I try to view videos on Surfline.com (a daily ritual), the videos don't start when clicked; and trying to view some You-tube videos, I get: "The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playbook." All were working normally until yesterday (and I can't think of anything I did that might have triggered it). Thanks again. dewey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines