Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Flash Player on Mac

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

OK, so I have been trying to download Flash Player on my Mac for a few days now. I've checked all the FAQ's and probably read every thread but still no luck. I am using Safari 5.1.10.

It was running fine until Tuesday when all of a sudden I couldn't watch any Youtube videos. It said I need to upgrade my Flash Player. I tried doing that but what happens is I get to this screen:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I click Download Now, it then says "Your download should start shortly" then then screen goes dark grey and it looks like something is happening the address bar, it goes from white to blue like when a page is loading. It takes about 10 seconds to reach the end then it just stops like it's finished. I check to see if anything has downloaded and it's not. I tried uninstalling my old Flash Player and restarting the Mac but still theres nothing there. I've checked Preferences to make sure the "Allow All Other Plug-Ins" box is checked, i've tried right-clicking on the Download Now button but still no joy.

I found the red Install Adobe Flash Player icon, clicked that and put my password in. A grey box comes up that says Initialising, that reaches 100% then it says Retrieving Install. That one however doesn't load. Instead I get a box that says Installation encountered errors. Error has been encountered. Close this window and try downloading again. I click on done then another screen opens. This one says Adobe Flash Player could not be installed.

I have tried everything I can think of, can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X)

Use the Offline Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I tried that but it still doesn't work. The only thing that is different is the message I get after Retrieving Install which now says Installation encountered errors. Actionlist not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get after Retrieving Install which now says Installation encountered errors. Actionlist not found.

You CANNOT POSSIBLY be using the linked file Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X), then...

It HAS NO install to retrieve because it's a FULL installer... as in EVERYTHING you need in the linked file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I assure you I am using that link. I tried that even before you posted it. I've tried everything. The screen goes grey, the address bar starts loading, takes 10 seconds to reach the end and that's it. This is what appears in the address bar:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_12_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click and select "Download Linked File As"

1.jpg

It takes about three seconds to download on a cable connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines