Exit

Problem with Click Box Last Attempt functionality

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am trying to create a course like the Photoshop course found here

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/adobe-captivate-presenter-elearning-suite-examples

I have a project that gives the user a maximum of 2 attempts to perform an action on a page before they can move to the next slide.

If on the second attempt they get it wrong Last attempt is set to jump to a page saying they have got the step wrong and should revisit the course material.

My project only has 2 of these interactions on separate pages, one after another.

The problem I have is the interaction on the first page does not jump to failure page, but the second page does if I exceed the Attemps.

I am confused

A matter of fact I actually just duplicated the first page to create the second. Action settings are the same. On Success go to next slide, Attempts 2, Last attempt Jump to slide.

I am working in W7 Cp 6.01.240. I have also cleared the cache.

One unusual thing I have noticed is that if I get the last interaction wrong and revisit the course material, the first interaction behaves on the next attemp. ????

The last interaction does have Reporting enabled as I want to tell the LMS that the student has made it to the end of the assessment and passed.

I thought that maybe the problem so I set the fisrt interaction to report also but that did not work.

Any Ideas?

And sure enough the sample course I downloaded works perfect. I am positive I have got mine set the same.

I can email my file if someone is able to have a look at it for me. or here it is in dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/emlm002t1ot2nw3/Course_Module_1b.cptx

Cheers

Craig

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue may have been caused by the fact that you duplicated the first page to create the second.  Sometimes I've seen Captivate behave strangely after using this method to create more content.

If the issue is caused by some internal corruption, your quickest resolution may be to just hide or delete both of these slides and rebuild two more, without using duplication this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rod

Creating the interactions from scratch did work.

However when I marked either of them to be included in the quiz the last attemp didn't work.

I even put a button on the success slide to record the assessment as complete in the LMS and the Last Attaempt interaction stopped.

Is there a on entry system variable I could set to say the quiz is completed? I could not see one.

May need to think of another way to mark the module complete in the LMS.

CHeers

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the quizzing system variables are READ ONLY. You cannot set them.

If you have set these interactions to report to a quiz, then are you also using a Quiz Results slide?  If not, I would suggest you try adding one via quiz settings (Show Score at End of Quiz).  See if the addition of that slide AFTER the interactions has an effect.  I have a theory that it might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ron

That was it. My Quiz Results page was hidden at the end of my module. As soon as I unhide it the Last Attempt functionality worked for the Click Boxes.

I am not using the Quiz Results slide but it looks like it doesn't like being hidden.

One of those quirky Captivate things I suppose

Cheers

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it has to do with the way Captivate now terminates the Quiz.  It's either on the Quiz Results slide, or the last interactive object reporting to the quiz (if there's no Quiz Results slide).  I vaguely remembered this being responsible for another issue some time ago and that's why I suggested it in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this overview (you can download the list) about system variables can help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/system-variables-in-captivate-6

There are some new variables in CP7, I mention them here:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/new-features-in-captivate-7-dot-01

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources