• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6 - AAMEE 3.1 Installation Failure

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After created the MSI using AAMEE 3.1, the smi runs but then auto rolls back.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Logs:

MSI:

MSI (s) (C8:14) [18:29:41:458]: Error in rollback skipped.          Return: 5

Property(C): ErrorDialog = SetupError

MSI (c) (48:88) [18:29:42:458]: Product: Adobe Photoshop CS6 x86 -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (c) (48:88) [18:29:42:458]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe Photoshop CS6 x86. Product Version: 1.2.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 1603.

PDApp:

8/6/2013 18:20:38 [ERROR] Setup - Error parsing command line arguments at - "DISABLE_CCM_DESKTOPSHORTCUT".

8/6/2013 18:22:18 [ERROR] PIM - Failed to create Backup folder :5

8/6/2013 18:22:18 [FATAL] Setup - Error installing C:\Users\vmTester\Desktop\Adobe Photoshop CS6 x86\Adobe Photoshop CS6 x86\Build\Patches\AdobeApplicationManager-1.0_update7\packages\CCM\CCM.pimx package.

8/6/2013 18:22:18 [FATAL] Setup - Error in pim_InstallPackages returned -5

8/6/2013 18:24:03 [ERROR] LWANative - OOBElib returned error: 47

8/6/2013 18:24:03 [ERROR] LWANative - OOBElib returned error: 34

8/6/2013 18:24:04 [ERROR] DWANative - Error in dwa_getInstalledPathOfPayload, pdbSession is NULL.

8/6/2013 18:25:07.784 [INFO] P6Flex.ValidateSerialStatusCommand Received validate serial response : ERROR_SN_VALID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi STLCOP_IT,

Please check for Windows Installer is set to manual and started. Navigate to start/run/Services.msc/Select Windows Installer and check it should be set to manual and services status should be started. If this does not work perform selective startup and try installing again: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/run-selective-startup-using-system-configuration.

Try installing from hidden admin: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist...

If still the same issue then kindly download Photoshop from the mentioned link: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html . Create package again using AAMEE 3.1 and try to install.

kindly let me no how it worked.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop from the link you provided and the MSI still auto rolls back.

I also tried starting the installer service (it was set to manual) to the same avail. The hidden admin account was also used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi STLCOP_IT,

Please check for CC desktop at the taskbar. If it is running close it and try installing again. Please specify the command your are using to install. Run the command prompt in elevated mode and try to install again.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC desktop isnt running. I am using msiname.msi /quiet obviously from an elevated cmd prompt.  Is there an email address I cans end the full logs to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App-V Setup.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the MSI just on any desktop and it auto rolls back.Error running MSI NO APP V.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back issue fixed.

1.    If your package contains Acrobat, First run the exceptions Deployer application present in Exceptions folder in pre mode. If you don’t have acrobat in your package, you can skip this step.

Open CMD as administrator. locate the exceptions folder. "cd C:\CS6_MC_Windows_x32\Exceptions". Now, run this command: ExceptionDeployer.exe --workflow=install --mode=pre

2.    Deploy the main MSI.

Open CMD as administrator. locate the Build folder. "cd C:\CS6_MC_Windows_x32\Build". Now run this command: Msiexec.exe /I <path of MSI> /qn for silent install or just msiexec.exe /I <path of MSI>

3.    Run the exception deployer application again in post mode. This wil install remaining exceptions.

Open CMD as administrator. locate the exceptions folder. "cd C:\CS6_MC_Windows_x32\Exceptions". Now, run this command: ExceptionDeployer.exe --workflow=install --mode=post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Acrobat, just Photoshop CS6 - this fix did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Go to %Programfiles%/common files/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp. Rename/delete this folder (kep up a back up copy with you just in case) and then re try installing the package on the machine.  This should work.

Thanks

Saransh katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having exacly the same issue with Captivate 6. It is the same error. Has anyone figured out why it does happen.

I have packaged the product with AAMEE 3.1

I have used local admin accound still could not get to work.

Thanks for the efforts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue no matter if I try a serilized package or a trial package using AAMEE 3.1. I tried creating the packages on 3 clean, fresh imaged machines.

Reviewing the logs

MSIf7e70.log:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Photoshop-CS6l. Product Version: 1.2.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI rolls back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please mail your PDApp.log file from user specific temp location (%temp%).

Thanks,

saransh katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please see attached.

Kind Regards

Peter Burns, MA

Client Systems Engineer

St. Louis College of Pharmacy

4588 Parkview Place, St. Louis, Mo 63110-1088

TEL: 314.446.8412

FAX: 314-446-8400

EMAIL: Peter.Burns@stlcop.edu<mailto:Peter.Burns@stlcop.edu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to happen only  if you use AAMEE 3.1 to create a x86 (32bit) package. x64 msi packages seem to work fine. can somebody confirm this?

EDIT:

Another discovery that I have made:

All Installers work, if you run the msi installer from its context menu with "check compatibilty". This will cause skipping the version check and the programs (64 and 32bit) seem to install fine. (I assume that the version check of the operating system is skipped, but I'm not sure about that.)

I would be glad if some can confirm this, so maybe the guys at adobe can fix this, so that the installers work by default.

EDIT2:

I tested the "check compatibilty" installation on some other systems, but unfortunately this did not work. 😞

Adobe, please respond and fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've created a batch script which can be run as administrator. There I have the most successfull installations:

install.bat:

pushd %~dp0

Msiexec.exe /I "Adobe Photoshop CS6 x64.msi"

Just save this batch file in the folder where the generated msi package is, rightclick the batch and click "run as administrator". The "pushd %~dp0" line takes care that the script goes back to the directory where the batch and msi file is, the default for an elevated command promt is "C:\windows\system32", but there it wont find the installer there.

I would appreciate any response to this from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines