Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio randomly changes

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

When I preview each of my slides, the audio is correct. But, when I preview the whole project (which is only 4 or 5 slides large), the audio from other slides randomly switches around and plays on the wrong slides.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks...

Judy
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Captivate User Community, Judy.

GENERAL INFO
Avoid (ever) previewing individual slides except to help with timing in the placement of objects on the timeline. When audio is previewed using the single-slide preview method (press F3) the slide really isn't being played as it will appear in the finished project.

For a short project like yours, just use F4 to preview the whole project. On a larger one, my advice is to set the default preview to 5-6 slides (Project > Preferences > Defaults (tab)) and use that, starting the preview at a point a slide or two prior to the one you really want to check.

TO YOUR PROBLEM
Having said all that, I cannot imagine that slides are being randomly played regardless of the order of audio on the slides. Can you create a test project of 5 slides, adding audio on each slide ... perhaps the words "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" ... to see if this is isolated to something in this one project??

Thanks for letting us know what you find ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Larry... Now that we're not "under the gun", we can, perhaps try to dig a little deeper to see what the heck's going on. I guess my only "relief" (if you can call it that), is that this same problem is happening to others on my team, so it should be easy enough to recreate and, hopefully, solve.

The only thing that we were able to do (since we have a deadline of tomorrow!) was to go back to Captivate version 1 and it worked fine.

I'll keep you posted as to what, if anything, I find.

Thanks!

Judy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy

In addition to what Larry said, I'll offer up the following. I've got an E-Mail message from a student that attended a Captivate class I recently conducted. She is reporting the same behavior as you are seeing. Part of her message indicates she is seeing multiple instances of the same Audio file name (but containing different audio clips) in her project. So I'm guessing that if this is truly the case, Captivate is becoming confused about which "Recording 36" should be played when two or more exist.

I have no idea how this can even occur, but am suggesting that she attempt to rename the different clips so each is unique. I'm hopeful this will resolve the issue.

Might be something to check. Look inside your Library panel to see if you have multiple files using the same name. If you see such behavior, I might suggest attempting to rename so you don't see duplicates.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick... we'll definitely give that a try, as it seems to make a lot of sense, as we're using one or two audio clips and editing each slide individually. We'll test this and I'll post anything we find.

Thanks everyone! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen twice; today being the second time. We found out that we did have two different audio clips with the same name (Recording 39).

The offending slide was one that we import into each project as the final slide so we have the same "closing" for each movie. When we renamed the one audio clip and published the project, we still had the problem.

So we went ahead and deleted the last slide then saved the project. Then we imported it back in to the project and renamed the audio clip before we published it again. It worked. Hope this helps some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2007 May 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME: Captivate 2.0

This problem, where the audio places randomly, is an absolute showstopper. (There are other bugs in Captivate 2.0, but I'll save those for another topic.)

After spending hours removing and replacing audio files, I finally decided to revert to Captivate 1. I was able to copy and paste all of my slide from Captivate 2, but (not surprisingly), most of the audio clips were incorrect, and I needed to reimport them.

One very odd thing - when I was attempting to fix the problem in Captivate 2.0, I discovered that if you delete the audio clip from the library (prior to deleting it from a slide's timeline), that slide's background disappears.

Unless Adobe comes out with a fix, my advice is to stick with Captivate 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I absolutely agree. The random audio problem happens to me after trying to edit timings. It is truly a showstopper and I can't believe Adobe released it with this bug. Its very obvious. It makes any project with an Audio clip that transitions over multiple slides completely impossible to manage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources