Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash again

Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three days screwing with this. Tried every trick on the forum. Tried Flash 13 beta. Every install hangs at 95%. Error Code 112 in log. What is going on? I resisted downloading an update all year untill Adobe forced me to. The result is I can't use my own computer! Looking back over the forum this has been a problem for some since 2011. Adobe owes us na explanation and a real fix. This is rediculous! Give me back my computer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did Adobe "force" you to install a beta version?

What is your operating system?  Can you post the full log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in suddnly stopped working with a message t odownload the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, suddenly instead of the movie or interactive graph or whatever (can't remember the exact moment) a blank window came up with "plug-in blocked download latest plug-in). Had been receiving "please update" notices from Adobe for quite some time but ignoring them. This is exactly why. The more things get "fixed" the more they get broken.

But thanks for trying to help but at this point, I am losing hope.

OS 10.6.8

log enclosed (name redacted)

Feb  9 16:56:01 : @(#)PROGRAM:Install  PROJECT:Install-596.1

Feb  9 16:56:01 : @(#)PROGRAM:Installer  PROJECT:Installer-430.1

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Hardware: iMac12,1 @ 2.70 GHz (x 4), 4096 MB RAM

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Running OS Build: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: TMPDIR=/var/folders/ft/ftZqE9bcEDqS6ofilgJ4OU+++TI/-Tmp-/

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: DISPLAY=/tmp/launch-NtWCen/org.x:0

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/launch-PmXmtL/Listeners

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/tmp/launch-1RRuPe/Render

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: COMMAND_MODE=unix2003

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Env: __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0

Feb  9 16:56:01 : MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/ft/ftZqE9bcEDqS6ofilgJ4OU+++TI/-Caches-//mds

Feb  9 16:56:01 : MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/ft/ftZqE9bcEDqS6ofilgJ4OU+++TI/-Caches-//mds

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Adobe Flash Player  Installation Log

Feb  9 16:56:01 : Opened from: /Volumes/Flash Player/Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe Flash Player.pkg

Feb  9 16:56:01 : JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /

Feb  9 16:56:01 : JS: Flash Player Install: Volume check passed.

Feb  9 16:56:07 : ================================================================================

Feb  9 16:56:07 : User picked Standard Install

Feb  9 16:56:07 : Choices selected for installation:

Feb  9 16:56:07 :           Install: "Adobe Flash Player"

Feb  9 16:56:07 :           Install: "(null)"

Feb  9 16:56:07 :                     Adobe Flash Player.pkg#AdobeFlashPlayerComponent.pkg : com.adobe.pkg.FlashPlayer : 12.0.0.44

Feb  9 16:56:07 : ================================================================================

Feb  9 16:56:07 : It took 0.00 seconds to summarize the package selections.

Feb  9 16:56:07 : -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlan]: location = file://localhost

Feb  9 16:56:07 : -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlan]: file://localhost/Volumes/Flash%20Player/Install%20Adobe%20Flash%20Player.app/Contents/Resources/Adobe%20Flash

etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following by right clicking and choosing "Download Linked File As"

Download the FULL installer for 12: Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X)

Download and follow the instructions in this PDF: 10.6 clean install.pdf

That will take you through a complete clean install of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this why I was asked to upload the log? To be told to try the same damn thing I have tried twenty times already?

Frankly, I think you guys just don't want to be bothered. And who can blame you? This same problem has been kicking around since 2011 (according to forum entries) and it is not getting fixed. What does it take to wake anybody up at Adobe?

I'll say it again, this is not working and I am a week without access to the web data I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, Professor....

YOU are unable to read even your own logs. Granted I didn't read them at first, but I didn't ask for them. See this?

"Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/ft/ftZqE9bcEDqS6ofilgJ4OU+++TI/-Caches-//mds"

You have permissions problems.

Adobe didn't cause that.

Adobe can't fix that.

Have you even tried repairing permissions, or creating another user account to test the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dispite the sarcastic tone, I have never claimed to be a professor. I thought that was you guys. I am a designer not a programmer. I assumed that by insisting (again I say insisting because my previous posting without the log went unanswered), that you would have a suggestio to fix what you found there. Instead, you just sent the automated response:

Download the following by right clicking and choosing "Download Linked File As"

Download the FULL installer for 12: Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X)

Download and follow the instructions in this PDF: 10.6 clean install.pdf

That will take you through a complete clean install of Flash Player.

Which you are no telling me has nothing to do with anything?

I get hat you are blowing off steam by calling me out. God knows you must listen to a truck load in a day but when you cool down and look at it from this side, I had NO problems "permission problems" (whatever that is) before trying to install the new flash plug-in. I don't have "permission problems" with any other software. i.e. layman that I am, I have to conclude that the plug-in is the problem. Further, since this is your forum and you know wat is in it better than I, you also know that this problem is going back a long ways (again, judging from the postings).

OK, that said, "Adobe didn't cause that, Adobe can't fix that" aside, any suggestions to a layman about what might potentially be causing "permission problems" with Flash only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I had NO problems "permission problems" (whatever that is) before trying to install the new flash plug-in."

And just HOW do you KNOW THAT?  When was the last time (if ever) you ran your Disk Utility and checked them? By your own post, you don't even KNOW what permissions problems are (I had NO problems "permission problems" (whatever that is)), so I seriously doubt you know with any certainty, that you don't, or didn't, have any.

I have and maintain FOUR Macs.  Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8, Lion 10.7.5, Mt. Lion 10.8.5 and Mavericks 10.9.1. I run no less than seven browsers in each (Chrome, Firefox, iCab, OmniWeb, Opera, Safari, and Seamonkey) with the latest Flash Player installed, and it works (and updates) in all of them. In fact, the only "glitch" I have at all... is that Chrome (which has its own Flash Player built-in) won't update. By that I mean the entire browser won't update, but it never has. I always have to uninstall it and install a fresh copy to get the latest version. It's been that way since I got my MacBook Pro in 2009.

You have three options to install the plug-in:

1. The GIU installer (which isn't working) Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X)

2. The COCOA installer (in the Package contents of the GUI FULL installer - detailed in the above linked PDF).

3. Installing via "sudo" commands from Terminal, (installer -pkg /path/to/installer.pkg -target /      which is a last resort for only the most screwed up of systems, and I won't normally recommend it here. It's better to reinstall OS X than have to resort to UNIX commands to update software)

If NONE of those work, You've got some problems that go beyond the Flash Player installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines