• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pointing an existing domain name to business catalyst.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have an existing site called www.design180.co.nz. But I have designed a new site. I want to replace the old site with the new one Ive redesigned Adobe in muse. The hosting company has the domain name, I will need them to point the domain name to the business catalyst, where the new site will be hosted. Ive 5 free accounts so I will use one of them. This is where I am stuck... Does he point to "ns1.worldsecuresystems.com (54.236.190.129)" - primary DNS server.

At present the site is set up as a trial in Muse design18002.businesscatalyst.com

After he points to the site can i save the muse site as www.design180.co.nz

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Hi there, I am guessing your reading the documentaiton. That is correct, if your pointing all traffic to your BC site you need to use those NS records.

What you then do is go into your site admin, into site settings and manage domains. You need to set up your domain in there.

Once you do that, it can take up to 24 hours for a .com, but for a .co.nz it should take about an hour or so tops to propergate. ISP's cache dns different so some may take longer, especially if someone is viewing outside NZ.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am guessing your reading the documentaiton. That is correct, if your pointing all traffic to your BC site you need to use those NS records.

What you then do is go into your site admin, into site settings and manage domains. You need to set up your domain in there.

Once you do that, it can take up to 24 hours for a .com, but for a .co.nz it should take about an hour or so tops to propergate. ISP's cache dns different so some may take longer, especially if someone is viewing outside NZ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant , thanks a heap Liam. I"ll pass that NS record onto the host provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines