• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFLDAP: recursive group membership?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2006 Jun 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to have CFLDAP return ALL the groups a user is a member of? By default, it only returns direct group membership ... e.g. if John is a member of A and group C, and group C is a member of group B, then John should show up as a member of group A, B & C ... yet he will not, his memberOf attribute will only show membership for A and C where he is a direct member!

Obviously, you could use CFLOOP etc to generate your own recursion, but that would be extremely inefficient in a large company such as ours (ie lots of groups and groups in groups).

Another options I've read a little about is to use the "tokenGroups" attribute which can apparently be parsed into the SIDs of the different groups a user is a member of ... but I have been unable to get CFLDAP to return that attribute!!

Any help much appreciated - thank you.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have this solution please share! I am stuck with the same problem.

My goal is to see if a user is part of a securtiy group called DMS_Reset. The issue is the OU=Information Technology and OU=Public Works are members of the DMS_Reset_Group not users added just OUs.

The OU=Information Technology will show as port of the memberOf but that doesnt help....

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2007 May 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can't recall my exact solution but it was essentially a workaround rather than a solution. From what I could gather, this is an LDAP issue or a MSFT implementation of LDAP issue such that recursive membership is not an option when searching.

I think what I did was store a lookup in SQL Server or something hoki like that! I know I considered replicating the group membership in SQL Server (where it would be easy to write a query to include recursion) but decided against it in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation