Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue with streaming on Samsung plasma TV

Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I watched a live stream from ustreamtv for a motorsports event on my desktop.  (ustream.tv/ultra4) While trying to switch to the tv (samsung 8000series plasma, hard wired via cat5) and getting to the stream site it asked for a Flashplayer update.  This I cannot do and when asked, Samsung says they only have version 10.0 and do not intend to update with future firmware or software updates to the TV.  now what?  I was able to watch the same event last year with no issues.  I have also contacted ustreamtv asking if they intend to come up with an app for samsung tvs that can then be added to set...no response so far.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, SmartTVs use Android OS and Google (Android) has ended all support for Flash (as of June 2012). There is no more Flash Player for Android, and being as it's now incompatible, there won't be another.

The latest versions that will run on Android are Flash Player 11.1 for Android 2.x and 3.x (11.1.111.73)  and Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.81).

Those ARE more recent than what you have (10) but they will still most likely get you a "You need the latest Flash Player to view this content" message from most sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, figured as much.  It seems the ball will be in ustreamtv's court so we'll see what comes of that inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines