• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 On OSX Mavericks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac and Encore CS6 user here. I've been using the last dying version of Encore () on OSX 10.8.5 with no major issues for several months now (yes I know it's technically not supported beyond 10.7.x).

I'm just curious if anyone has tried it on the new Mavericks update yet and if so please post your results here. I may test it myself in the coming weeks and if I do I'll provide an update.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An excellent question. Please let us know if you are able to give it a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having major issue with motion  menu right now...

whenever I click on the menu (psd file), it will give me photoshop file error -1 . no matter what file I use, it will give me that error.

I have three macs (mac pro, iMac, and Macbook Pro), all updated to Mavericks, SAME ERROR for ALL THE MACS.

I use CS5.5  I tried to use CS5 to work on, same error..

I googled the error and try to find the answer.. nothing works...

I can't afford to re-install the apps because of time crunch...

HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some possibilities related to this error generally.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/621424

Resolved by shortening filename.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/864981

Using AE generated psd file that used layers that were mov’s. Resolved by flattening and other steps?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

Lots of issues re filename length, special characters, etc.

To test whether it is related to Mavericks, can you roll back one machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the exact same problem. Just upgraded to OSX Mavericks now Encore won't allow any editing of menus. I get the same photoshop file error -1 . I really need to fix this. Also have other macs running OSX Mountain Lion which run fine. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in the program is the problem appearing? 1) Edit in Encore, 2)  "Edit in photoshop", or 3) just click on it (post 2 above)?

Relevant to whether there is a workaround or if this is one of those, "Apple changed something and the Adobe software doesn't work with it" situations.

I'm PC; can you roll back an osx update?

The future is now... When Adobe announced the end of life for Encore, it seemed at least a little ways off till an OS wasn't supported. I don't know why it seemed that way... Neither Win8 nor Mavericks is supported.

From the Encore eol faq:

What platforms are supported for Encore CS6?

Encore CS6 is supported on Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) and Mac OS X v10.6.8 or
v10.7. Please note that Encore CS6 support for future operating system updates or new hardware
platforms will not be provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens as follows:

I created a new Encore project.  I import templetate from library. No matter what, I left click (not right click to show options), it gives me photoshop error-1.

Along with any menu from librairies, even if I create a white blank PSD file, and import as a menu, left click, BOOM. Error.

I am Mac, with new upgrade on Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info.

Is this only in the menu viewer? Or if you close the menu viewer and select the menu in the project panel, does it also do it?

If the following is what you mean by create a white blank psd file.... - never mind! (Other than to confirm that that is what you did.) Create a new document in Photoshop - let's assume you are NTSC? So file and video - NTSC DV (720x480 par .91). Add something, and save. In Encore, do Import as Menu. All good up to this point anyway. Now left click and ....?

What I'm looking for is anything that tells us why Mavericks doesn't like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about PPro, but it has a solution that works for "some" people http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322977

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll join in to say that, after upgrading to Mavericks it looks like Encore has stopped working. Unlike some of the other folks here, it doesn't even get past the opening screen. It'll give the splash screen, then show the app for about 3 seconds then crash. We get this error message:

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 2.56.34 PM.png

I've tried uninstalling Premiere CS6, using the cleaner tool, then reinstalling Premiere CS6 family; I've tried the "changing the language to US english." Nothing seems to work. Anybody have any luck in getting Encore to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly a more serious event than others.

The other 2 things that are worth looking at are permissions (os upgrades may result in undoing the sort of permissions fixes that make adobe work on mac) and video drivers.

See this re permissions and Todd's comment re quicktime.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5795003#5795003

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi where you ever be able to fix that encore issue i have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked an Apple Chat Rep, and since I didn't do a Time Machine Back-up before the update of Maverick, I'm pretty much screwed. Unless, I get a hold of someone from Adobe about an update for Adobe Encore that might fix the problem. I wish the Maverick update came with a disclaimer regarding this "possible issue for Adobe users", then I would NEVER have updated. Also, the Apple Rep said they don't support uninstalling the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this issue come up.  Adobe is no help.  Ended up taking my mac to the Apple store, having them wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of Mountain Lion.  Re-installed Adobe and now Encore works fine with motion menus, just like it did before I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Mavericks.

As a person that makes their living authoring DVD and BR, let me assure Apple and Adobe that physical media is not dead!  There may be something better on the horizon, but for the vast majority of my customers, discs still rule!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. The only workaround that I have found is to use the button Edit in Photoshop, then Photoshop opens, you can make your changes, save it and return to Encore.

Direct editing always bring me the photoshop error -1

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

workaround that I have found is to use the button Edit in Photoshop,

But that would be huge.

Does right click work? That would also allow you to select a button to set links.

Or using Edit -> Edit Menu in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, right click or using Edit -> works, but it always edit the whole menu. I don't know how it works with buttons, because I have none, and when I try to place a button Encore terminates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

First, I rarely edit any part of a menu in Encore, other than move or duplicate a button. I always use Photoshop. But I wonder if there is a limit to this workaround. I'm PC, so I can't test any of this myself.

See if this succeeds. Have a menu open in the menu viewer. Double click a button in the Encore library. It should add the button. Does it work (and not crash!)?

If so, can you drag a button from the library to a menu or does that crash?

Regarding adding links, if you select a button by right clicking, can you add a link to a timeline in the properties panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you doubleclick a button in the library the you get the photoshop file erroe -1, when you drag it, then Encore crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats!

The worst case for adding buttons is to do it in Photoshop. But let's see what might work.

I would now add a menu with buttons. It doesn't matter which one. The first one down the list in the General library set is Blue Notes.

Does it add without error?

If you right click a button (and pick nothing), it should be selected. If so, then see if you can set a link using the properties panel on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this all works without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting.

I am particularly interested in this because Adobe clearly will not make operating system adjustments for Encore. And it is the first Mac/PC operating system that is beyond stated support for CS6 generally.

If this is an operating system feature/bug that has broken Encore's ability to handle photoshop processes within Encore, only a workaround saves Mac users that upgrade to Mavericks from truly having no Adobe DVD/BD authoring option. So far, Adobe can point to the availability of Encore CS6 for CC users. Very worrisome, since no good, inexpensive alternative seems available.

Back to the workaround, I'm asking myself if there are operations that require a left click or that do not allow the operation once the object is selected.

For example, can you manually re-route buttons? Left click on the routing icon turns on the routing information. Is there any way other than drags to make changes? I don't know of one. Does attempting a drag crash Encore?

Any other Mavericks users getting these same results?

I assume it is possible that there is a permissions issue somewhere in this, but I don't know enough about Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a Mac, so have NO idea if they have Mac versions

Encore alternative http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvdastudio

-or http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does Encore CS6 basically not work with Mavericks?

Also, what about Windows 8 or 8.1? I think you said that it's not officially supported, but does it work for those?

Encore CS6 works just fine on my mac running 10.8.5 even though I think I read that it was only supposed to work through 10.7.  Only have one crappy issue using Encore since updating Premiere/AME to 7.1 that I'm hoping to figure out (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1326579) since Bluray/DVD creation using our custom Encore templates are 100% necessary and something we have to do every week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines