• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 9: Published webhelp help pages display "The website cannot display the page" error

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate & publish webhelp files on my desktop, and view the output, everything displays correctly. However, I sent a zip file of the webhelp files to the developer to publish, and when he generates the files (after linking the help call button in the application to the .htm file in the help project file root directory), each topic displays a "website cannot display the page" error, instead of the topic content. The TOC displays correctly for both of us. Any ideas of how to fix this or why this is happening? Or even a checklist of what I should ask the developer? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say you provide a zip file to the developer, it sounds to me as if either something has gone wrong with the zip operation, or the developer hasn't unzipped it properly.

From your side, I'd say to take the zip and unzip it on your own machine. Then test. Does it work then? If so, you know the developer is doing something wonky on their side after you give them the file.

If it still doesn't work after YOU unzip it, then of course you have some detective work to do with your zip package to sort what you are doing wrong.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, when I unzip the zip file (same one I sent to the developer) to a clean folder on my machine and launch the help, everything displays & links work as they should. So I'll double-check with the developer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check what browser they’re using – that may have an impact on displaying/not-displaying topic content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the web server, the files don't open correctly in any browser. From the developer's desktop, the files open correctly in Firefox, but not Chrome or Safari. From my desktop, the files open correctly in Firefox and IE. I haven't tested them in Chrome or Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the developer extracting the files or trying to open the help from within the zip?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp