• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital editions has stopped working??

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using ADE to read library ebooks, and the 2.0 version has never worked for me- I have always got the error message "Adobe digital editions has stopped working" as soon as I try to open it. I have been using the older version 1.7.2, but now it will no longer let me use this version and forces me to download an upgrade. I have tried 2.0 and 3.0 and both get the same error message. I have tried reinstalling and allowing through my firewall but I still keep getting the message. Does anyone know how I can fix this please??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the ADE 2x/3x, It tries to load the books' details from the "My Digital Editions" folder (in "My documents") for the library view. If any of the book is corrupt, It fails to open correctly.

I am guessing this is the issue.

Can you try the following:

Backup the "My Digital Editions" folder and then remove this folder.

Now open the ADE. Hopefully, It will work.

If it does, you can open the books from the Backed up folder.

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, but it hasn't helped. I still get the same error message. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines