• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete Flash32_11_6_602_180.ocx from an old system disk

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running a Windows 8 64 bit system with the most current version of Flash installed, whatever that is, since I blindly accept whatever update Adobe sends to me.  My problem is that I cannot delete the Flash32_11_6_602_180.ocx file from an old system disk where I have deleted everything else in the Windows folder except the Flash32_11_6_602_180.ocx file.

I have seen very similar posts by Krischu on November 27, 2013 "Cannot delete/remove Flash32_11_9_900_117.ocx" and by Gdstuart on January 22, 2014 "How to delete Flash32_11_9_900_170,ocx," and I have tried the "takeown" method and the FileASSASSIN method suggested by MikeM to both of those posts, but my Flash.ocx file just won't go away.

I am the only user of this PC, and my user account describes me as an administrator, but I keep getting the "You need to provide admistrator permission to delete this file" when I try to delete it.

Does anyone know how to delete this file without doing what Krischu did by loading a Ubuntu system?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrapper wrote:

I blindly accept whatever update Adobe sends to me.

Just to clarify: Flash Player on Windows 8.x is updated by Microsoft Update, not Adobe.

Regarding the old OCX file on your system, that should be automatically deleted once you restart Windows.

Not sure why your system is asking for an Administrator password when you are already an admin user.  Maybe you need to provide the original Windows Administrator password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Pat, I definitely do filter what Microsoft tries to load on my system, for example, their insistence in trying to sneak in Bing. Either way, I keep my system up to date constantly.

Do you understand that the file I am dealing with is on a separate disk from my system disk? I don't see any way that the OS would automatically delete files that are not part of the current OS.

I took the disks from my old PC and installed them inside of my new PC. The old system was Windows 7 32 bit, and my new system is Windows 8 64 bit.  As I said, there is only one user on my new system, me, and I am the administrator, so there is no "original Windows Administrator password" other than the one that I use every day. The only thing that I can think of is that the file is linked to my old admin user name from the W7 system, but even if that is the case, then why wouldn't  the "takeown" method give me ownership?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I didn't understand that it was on a different disk.  Is there a reason why you want to keep the old 32-bit system data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines