• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I alpabetize the index?

New Here ,
May 14, 2007 May 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add new index keywords in RoboHelp HTML 6, the new entries are placed at the top of the index list rather than in their alphabetical place in order. They stay there when I change tabs and return to the index display and when I end and restart RoboHelp. I see that I can move the out-of-place index entries manually, but isn't there any way to automatically alphabetize the index?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nom dAdobe

You have the ability to right-click the index and choose Sort from the context menu.

If you want the index to always automatically sort, click File > Project Settings... and make sure a check mark is beside "Binary Index". (Binary indexes are always sorted)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just switched over to HTMLHelp from WinHelp and had the same problem. You'd think they would make that command more visible. But, at least I know how to get the index in the right order now. I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks!

Nd'A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp