• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CC will not open

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge CC. Photoshop will open but Adobe Bridge will not.  I have installed and use Photoshop 5 and bridge. Why won't Adobe Bridge CC open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Ok, just talked to a chat representative, here's the fix.

This is for Mac (Apologies for PC users i"m not sure what the fix is there)

1. Open Finder

2. (From top menu bar) Select: Go > Go to Folder

3. Enter: ~/Library | Click: Go

4. Locate (Do not open): "Preferences" folder | Right click (or control Click): "Preferences" folder

5. Click: Get Info

6. Expand: Sharing & Permissions

7. Click: "Lock" Icon (bottom right) | Enter your admin credentials and accept.

8. Give ALL users "Read & Write" preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not enough info to find a solution I'm afraid.

Try this link for a better chance to an answer:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent some "bug fixers" and that solved the problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the same problem.

My question: What "bug fixes", where can I get them?

Just today I installed ccloud and bridge and the same problem arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, tries to start but then says it encountered a problem and stops??? Also what bug fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just talked to a chat representative, here's the fix.

This is for Mac (Apologies for PC users i"m not sure what the fix is there)

1. Open Finder

2. (From top menu bar) Select: Go > Go to Folder

3. Enter: ~/Library | Click: Go

4. Locate (Do not open): "Preferences" folder | Right click (or control Click): "Preferences" folder

5. Click: Get Info

6. Expand: Sharing & Permissions

7. Click: "Lock" Icon (bottom right) | Enter your admin credentials and accept.

8. Give ALL users "Read & Write" preferences. (In my case I had my profile user and an "Everyone")

9. (For all the users) Click on the "Gear" icon below | Click "Apply to Enclosed Items..."

10. Open Bridge and rejoice

This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably same fix posted on Feb 5.

If the person posting the original post would Mark post correct then people would know problem has been solved.

16. cymro,

Feb 5, 2014 10:18 AM    in reply to alifestudio 

Ok, 6 hours later it's a fix for me!

Not sure if it'll work for you but it was quite simple.

Open Finder > (go) Computer > Macintosh HD (for me) > Users > Click once on the Home icon (main admin) > Get Info >

click on lock and authorise bottom right > click on cog wheel drop down > click on 'Apply to enclosed items' > OK

Close info window and try to open bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with marking it as correct.

However, I didn't see any answers in this particular thread and wanted to share what worked for me to help others.

Well hopefully works for everyone or the bug is taken care from the root! Happy Bridging!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - 'Correct answer' not working here either. Just started happening a couple days back.. so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge will not open for me either. I followd the instructions above and I get "not responding" every time. My Bridge is up to date. I uninstalled & reinstalled it also. Nothing is working. My Indesign locks up all the time too. I am running Ventura 13.2.1 and I hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have Bridge CS5 running in the background.  Only one version can run at any one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those having issues, and who do not want to tinker with permissions, the latest update to the creative cloud does it for you: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried the above (changed permissions for the Preferences folder) _and_ updated to the latest version of Adobe CC Manager _and_ updated to the latest version of Bridge _and_ tried other suggested fixes like starting a new account as admin. Still Bridge doesn't open _and_ Acrobat XI keep falling out of the installed software list in Adobe CC Manager.

The problems with Adobe CC Manager predates my update to Mavericks Mac OS, but Bridge refusing to start began with the Maverick update.

Does anyone still have problems with Bridge, using Maverick? I simply can't make it start up. It begins the startup process, then abandones, without any error message. I didn't realise how much I use Bridge until I can start it anymore. Very disappointing and frustrating.

/Paul L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an old version of Bridge on your computer you should make

sure it is not running. Only one Bridge can be running at a time. JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JW, but after I installed Adobe CC I only have those versions of the software on the computer. InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Lightroom, Acrobat – they all work fine except Bridge. (and Acrobat keep dropping off the list of installed sw in Adobe CC Manager, but that's another annoyance).

I'm tempted to re-install an older version of Bridge, but then again – I fear that this might mess up things as well, so perhaps better not.

Lightroom have a nice lightbox function I can use in the meantime, but I do miss Bridge. /Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue after installing the adobe output module update. It has been weeks now and the program is not opening at all. Just bouncing up and down a few times and then nothing. Any resolution? Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bridge CC to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking here to see why I could not open BridgeCC, and noted that I still had my CS5 version opening on start up. Closed it and removed from start up; problem solved! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after trying to install output module. Icon is bouncing and then nothing... Some feedback please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything, even with Adobe tech on phone.

So far the only solution I've (we've) come up with is to create a new user.

Not really a good solution.

Would love to see if there's something else that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing the same damn problem. All updates installed. All permissions fixes listed above have been tried. What's up Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me so still in the dark. No-one at Adobe Helpline who can deal with PS / Bridge problems over the weekend so have to wait until Monday.  It appears that the non-opening problem now applies to all my Creative Cloud apps so I am not happy!  Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Bridge CC.

Notes: I recently upgrade my mac to yosemite 10.10.3 and I also attempted recently to add the output module that was a defunct replacement for picture package and it started a couple times after dropping those files into the bridge extensions folder. I've since removed those files. I mention it because it could be something trying to load that bridge doesn't know how to handle. I think I was also able to restart bridge after yosemite upgrade. In addition to the above, I also tried upgrading both bridge and photoshop to recent versions in case the crashing had something to do with an interaction between apps, and that didn't help. I tried the folder permissions description above.

I may see if I can figure out how to call their support. I've never needed it before (always able to figure it out by searching online), so this may be a rather difficult problem.
e

If any new solutions are offered from support please share them here to save people a big hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines