• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open acsm file in new Adobe Digital Editions?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed pc's since downloading a acsm file and can't open in adobe digital editions even using the same login in Adobe. I get an error message saying it's already licensed...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be multiple reasons for this.

Can you provide some more details like:

Had you already opened the acsm file on your ADE? And it worked that time but on the new PC, it is not working?

Did you, by chance, select the "open without ID/registration" while authorizing the device during "device authorization"?

By any chance,has the "acsm" file expired?

Can you provide the exact error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chiragjuneja, the message reads

Unable to download. Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

It was a couple of years ago so my memory is a bit blurred and not sure if I managed to open in ADE previously as think there was an issue downloading ADE to the pc i was using at the time but I did email to my iphone and have opened it there with Bluefire.

The book is too difficult to read on my phone and I want to read it on my pc....

When I installed ADE onmy new laptop i did try at first to open without ID reg but since tried again with device authorisation.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so it's clear it wouldn't open either when I tried to open without authorising or afterwards whenI authorised the device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you select the option to option to open with book with authorising. ADE tries to open it using anonymous ID and since the acsm was already fulfilled/opened using your Id on your devince (on bluefire). You got the error "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" since IDs did not match.

When we use the "without Authorizing" option, it means that the book can't not be opened elsewhere but just on the current device. So if you use the multiple devices to read your eBooks. You should not exercise this option.

I am assuming that you still have the "ID" information that you used to open the acsm file at first place.

Please de-authorize your device from the ADE and then authorize it using the same ID. I hope you will be able to open the book.

In case you are not aware, please use "CTRL-SHIFT-D" to de-authorize.

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok, so I followed your directions and I now have a new error message...

Unable to download. Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

Any ideas how to solve this one?

Thank you for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this in this case:

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e-adept-internal-download.html .

If it still does not work,

May be the publishers no longer provide those books.
In that case, you will be stuck If you have only files ACSM. (It is generally advisable to backup the "epub" files which is basically physical copy of actual book)
Reason is that the system Adobe DRM is only for DRM. It does not save automatically copies of your library somewhere so you can back to download after the problems.

In this case you might need to contact with the publishers and see If they can help you.

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chirgjuneja,

Thanks for the info. I know it may not be your area but any idea  how I can get deauthorise but can't find how to get to type in the run function as below. Any ideas? I use windows 7

Windows XP/Vista/7

• Open Adobe Digital Editions.

• Press Control-Shift-D to De-Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.

• Select De-authorize.

• Click Quit.

Disclaimer: The following task requires you to modify the Windows registry. The registry contains system-related information that is critical to your computer and applications. Before you modify the registry, make a backup copy of it. Adobe doesn't provide support for problems that arise from improperly modifying the registry. For more information about the Windows registry or the Registry Editor, see the Microsoft Help and Support site at http://support.microsoft.com.

• Close all applications.
    • Choose Start > Run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines