• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash auto installer causes keyboard, mouse nad internet problems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. For the last several months, I will be working when suddenly my keyboard or mouse starts behaving erratically, or quits responding entirely. Frustrated, I reboot, and the first thing I see when the system comes back up is Adobe Flash Player update available! This is happening on two systems of mine, as well as a co-workers system (all three are running the same OS). Last night, the problem took a new twist wehn I was unable to navigate to a website using SSL. I switched to a Linux box I have - same site came up instantly. Back to the Windows system, I finally got the SSL site to come up, but when I tried to start the site's VPN client, I was informed that I need Java Runtime 1.4 or later. The system has 1.7 with the latest update. I tried re-installing Java anyway; it failed. Reboot and lo and behold, guess what the first thing that popped up was? Adobe Flash Player update! After the update, everyhting worked fine again. I always choose Notify me of updates instead of install automatically. This is very frustrating! I'm ready to uninstall Flash and be done with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Flash Player nor the installer have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with user input hardware controls.

The Flash Player updater is based on system date, because there are incremental updates about every six weeks. IF you reset your system date back about two months and reboot, you won't see the notice, since it will not detect an increment date has passed.

Additionally, Flash Player has nothing in it to inhibit or allow SSL, VPN or RDC.

It's a Player Plug-in and that's all. It's like buying a new BluRay player and suddenly you can't view any cable channels on your TV. The Player doesn't have a tuner, doesn't use a tuner, so it can't have any efect on it. Flash Player "plays" content fed by HTML from a Flash Container in a webpage. No Flash container? The plug-in isn't activated. Secure Socket Layering, Virtual Prvate Networking and Remote Desktop Connection have nothing to do with that... unless you're opening a browser remotely on another system over a VPN and you're using SSL in the VPN... in which case it's entirely an end user configuration problem and that STILL would have no effect on user input devices such as mice, keyboards and trackpads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's just a coincidence that EVERY time I have experienced problems like this and reboot, Adobe Flash Player wants to update? I'm sorry, but this has happened at least a dozen times (each) on 3 different machines in two different locations, and to believe it is just a coincidence strains credulity! Flash Player may only be a Player Plug-in, but the updater/installer IS NOT! Since I never said the problem was with the Flash Player, your analogy with the Blu-Ray and cable channels is WORTHLESS! Thanks for trying, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Since I can only assume you DIDN'T roll your date back.... your reply to the updater popping up is WORTHLESS!

2. Since ALL of  your machines have the same date, and will ALL begin notification about an update ON THE SAME DATE, your reply is again... WOTRTHLESS!

3. Since you CANNOT PROVE IN ANY IMAGINABLE WAY that Flash Player or the updater have APIs in them to control mice and keyboards.... THAT REPLY is... wait for it...  WORTHLESS.

Face it. Your systems are all screwed up because you screwed them all up. Adobe didn't... I didn't... YOU DID! Because just like your replies... You're WORTHLESS!

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did I screw up someone else's system that I haven't even touched?

You can't prove that the update/installer APIs aren't making system calls that mess with input devices or the internet.

Your suggestion to roll back the system dates is not a solution, or even a viable workaround.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines