• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to install flash player update....password does not work????

Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying (and trying.....and trying.....and trying) to install flash player update.........password does not work?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your Operating System Admin password you need... NOT an Adobe password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike….. I cannot recall having established an " operating system password". I do not use a password to use my computer. Is there a way to find it out????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.6 - System Preferences>Users

106.jpg

10.7, 10.8 & 10.9 - System Preferences>Users & Groups

107.jpg

When you click "Change" you'll be asked for the current password and the new one (twice). Leave the current one blank and create a password.

It's never a good idea to have a system without a password. Even in your own home, someone could gain access and really make a mess of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike…….Thank you so much for your help and advice!!! I followed your password instructions and seemingly downloaded Flash Player. Message received congratulating me for installing the new product. Unfortunately, I still get "blocked plug-in" messages and when I click on them I get a message that says "Adobe Flash Player is out of date". I did end up with a file in Downloads called FlashPlayer.exe. Tried to open it and got a message saying "this trial version of Crossover has expired"? I feel like a "ninny" but I am at a loss to know what I am doing wrong???

Warren Essner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Crossover" is a program to allow you to run Windows programs ".exe" files on your Mac. Frakly, I found it to be a waste of time and money when a virtual machine is so much better for that... actually running Windows apps IN Windows.

You'll need THIS Flash Player installer: Flash Player 12.0.0.44 (Mac OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

VOILA!!!!!! Using the installer you provided did the trick. Once again, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines