• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General guideline for Adobe (for Flash and AIR, of course)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I see you must kill steve jobs stupid psychological block from your brains. Dispose it.

Keep in mind that may be the fight is not simple but the Flash runtime is the best client[->/server] development habitat of the entire planet (not in town..).

All of us were shocked like you when we faced the Apple position on flash player, but this is not a final death. And we have AIR where there isn't the browser! Are you shy? I'm not.

Let's say the truth...... Flash developers makes it better!

I produce videocollaboration and realtime management software platforms with Flash before Macromedia have introduced the audio/video support in our plugin (at the times controlling NetMeeting plugin via Flash - ndr). Later, at the Flash 6 days, Macromedia was used to warn their developers not to develop web solutions completely/only with Flash and (but) they were wrong (now it is clear) - except for animations of course. (I have developed in the past some complex CRM solution Flash5/6-only based, when with the right server technology)

Flash runtime is the _clientside assembler_ of the (last and the) next decade. HTML cannot, HTML is just a frame: Google is jocking, with HTML you cannot produce [realtime] enterprise grade complex applications. With Flash it is a joke (at least if you use Flash as your hands). [true-realtime is a must btw]. e.g. Where is the equivalent of LoadMovie in HTML5? It is centric. HTML5 is something like a nice patch for our cousin developers.

You must be hard.

nb about Flash Next: You must do it, and you must do it without impacting on developers. The change from AVM1 to AVM2 was in the destine since Flash 6 (and please do not say it isn't true. I have wait to step from AS1 to AS3 because I was sure on the future line of Flash and I had no time to loose in midsteps). We do not need AVM3. Or, if Adobe knows that we need AVM3, for developers it must be _only_ a recompilation issue. This is the only right way for Adobe. This point must be clear for all of you, and Flash Next or Flash NX super-perfect-working is a must. These are the rules of the game for all us Adobe included (otherwise I see a big flop of the ADB-MACR merge, ndr).

Adobe, you have to take a choice: to be or not to be. If you help us, CreativeCloud subscriptions will surely strongly increase in the future - I can see - because ICT science (and its software branch in particular) will impact a lot more on our lifes and the best development environment I have ever seen from Flash5 days till today is based on the Flash runtime (I started selling my softwares in 1991). The future of software are not the tons of mini apps that the market (Microsoft included) is addressing in these recent days - later the very very great job done by Mr Jobs and his Apple on mobile (fact that I was personally expecting in the past from HP and Macromedia and Sun). Adobe, help us to change our economies with the software [I'm speaking from my loved bad Italy]. Everything else is a jock. 

Flash is exactly what I see in perfect line on the future development for small software houses and their small and not small clients and worldwide online users, and at least in Europe small software houses are hopefully addressed to grow a lot. It is just a metter of server (btw) and client technologies. Please trust in computer science like me, not only in today marketplace analysis. In this and next decade(s) you must address worldwide software houses not [only] f****** "quality premium video" YouTube services.

I trust in new distribuited Silicon Valleys in Europe which will use Flash not HTML to cooperate and to develop from tiny to complex software solutions. HTML is only a common way for newbees to re-break as flash did in the past. [saying this always with maximum respect for HTML developers]

Adobe. The limit of flash stands just in the surrounding idea of it IN the developers brains. Don't miss the challenge, fight it.

I say wrong or right?

(edit: or please tell me privately - just in the case - if I have definitively to change my plans. I'm confused. see following rfr)

rfr: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6118934#6118934

Yours,

mc

---

the bXstardest flash producer from hell (before fundrising a 'new' flash-based software house)

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, I'm not jocking.

and please let me download an AIR socket network app able to work for days on my computers without any interruption. may I have a look to Adobe Unicom?

rfr http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1405783?tstart=0

thank you.

mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines