Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple rollovers in one project

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am working on a project that requires multiple rollovers and I cannot determine the best way to do what I want it to. I want to be able to rollover a shape and have a text box appear as well as lines connecting other dots. Then, as the lines are still showing, I want to be able to move to another shape, click it, and have it take me to a web page with a job description. I feel like this should be possible, but have spent hours and hours with no success and no ideas.

Here's a view of what I want (kind of):hoverover.PNG

I want the user to hover over the main dot, words and lines appear, and each dot connection is clickable and leads the user to a separate page.

Please help!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

You need to be able to trigger an Advanced Action on mouseover of an object.  This Advanced Action can be set to SHOW any number of slide objects that start out as hidden.

There are two ways to trigger an Advanced Action with a mouseover event this in Captivate. 

One way is by using a rollover slidelet and using the Roll Over event of the slidelet hit area.  You can move the part of the slidelet that normally appears on rollover somewhere off stage where it doesn't get seen.  All you really need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be able to trigger an Advanced Action on mouseover of an object.  This Advanced Action can be set to SHOW any number of slide objects that start out as hidden.

There are two ways to trigger an Advanced Action with a mouseover event this in Captivate. 

One way is by using a rollover slidelet and using the Roll Over event of the slidelet hit area.  You can move the part of the slidelet that normally appears on rollover somewhere off stage where it doesn't get seen.  All you really need the slidelet for is to trigger the Advanced Action.

The other method is to use the Infosemantics Event Handler widget.  It allows you to trigger Advanced Actions on rollover or rollout of any object on the slide.  (It also allows you to use many other mouse events to trigger actions.)

You can learn more about it here:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets

It's the third widget from the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod's explanation is perfect, and I hope you are aware that rollovers are not supported for HTML5 output.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/events-and-advanced-actions   allows you to download a list with all available events in CP that allow triggering actions.

The dots that appear when rolling over, should be shape buttons that can trigger any action, like going to a slide where a weboject is inserted or opening an URL directly.

Often wonder why people prefer spending hours and hours instead of asking advice?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources