• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking 2 WebHelp Projects

Explorer ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 separate (not merged) WebHelp Pro projects that I need to link together. I'm using customized toolbar buttons for each project; a button on Project A calls project B and vice versa. I need the buttons to load the called help system in the parent window, not in a new popup, or within the topic frame.

I've tried the following button configurations from the Skin Editor:

Using the Link command and Browsing to the other parent topic. This actually reloads WRONG parent toolbar (the one that's already open) within the topic pane.
I've also noticed that making a simple hyperlink to http://www.adobe.com opens the Adobe website in topic frame; I would need mine to load as the parent.

Using the onClick javascript:
parent.frames[1].location='C:\HelpProjectB\indexB.html'
This gives a "The page cannot be displayed." error. The toolbar is still there for some reason.
*this script borrowed from Rick Stone's Skinny on Skins.

Using the onClick javascript:
parent.location='C:\HelpProjectB\indexB.html'
This gives a "The page cannot be displayed." error.
*this script borrowed from Rick Stone's Skinny on Skins.

The projects still on my hard-drive for testing, and I suppose trying to call a file in this manner may be the problem. I'm fairly proficient at RoboHelp, but I am scripting neophyte. I am using RH6.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007
Nevermind! I figured it out.

The Skin Editor's Link option is for linking a single file (PDF, etc). The file will displayed in the topic frame and the file will be added to the main directory.

The parent.location javascript is what I needed, but I had to change the slashes from \ to / .

I know there is some reason for this, I can't remember what it is though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nevermind! I figured it out.

The Skin Editor's Link option is for linking a single file (PDF, etc). The file will displayed in the topic frame and the file will be added to the main directory.

The parent.location javascript is what I needed, but I had to change the slashes from \ to / .

I know there is some reason for this, I can't remember what it is though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp