• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WinHelp and missing RoboEx32.dll

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a simple WinHelp and I have 6 IT users reviewing the content. One user is getting a message that the RoboEx32.dll file is missing. He is running Windows XP Pro with the latest service pack. Evidently he has the file - it is not in the System32 directory.

He is now questioning the use of RoboHelp in creating the help files - his concern is that when the help file is distributed further with the application, users further down the line will run into the same problem. He feels that there shouldn't have to be "other software installed just to run help".

I guess my question is - how does the RoboEXe.dll get distributed - with the compiled help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo. My winhelp knowledge is a bit shaky these days but...This file is used for the foreign language support elements of RH. I assume you have a macro - or something else - that is referencing this file. Have you tried adding the file to your baggage files folder? This will get around anyone not having the file in the correct location - I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2008 Mar 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jo, you can find this dll under <RoboHelp Install Dir>/Redist folder. Only this dll needs to be redistributed along help files to the end users machine.

Vivek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp