Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Buttons in FlashPro/TOC Collapser

New Here ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

My project is a native RH 6 project (it was not imported from anything else), generated as FlashHelp Pro. I have two questions:

1) is there a way to add a custom button and place it next to the other three at the top? I've gotten several requests for a "Home" button. Keep in mind I'm in FlashHelp Pro here. Yes, I know you can accomplish similar results with a Header Template & apply it to all the topics, but I wish to spare you the entire explanation of why that can't work all the time (you're going to have to trust me here). I'd prefer to know whether a custom button can be made or not.

2) Is there a way of easily collapsing a TOC (I was thinking of maybe...a button click?) that has all it's books open and has become 37 meters high because of it? This is also a popular request. I'd like to retain the "Show Navigation Links in Topics" option if possible. So essentially, I want my cake and eat it too.

Thanks in advance!
-hpankin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi hpankin

Question here. Are you publishing your FlashHelp Pro output to RoboHelp Server? If not, the point of creating FlashHelp Pro output is moot.

To create a button requires Flash programming skills. A rare breed that is. Someone that understands both Flash and RoboHelp skins. Good luck with that. I'm not there. I WANNA be really bad, but unfortunately haven't yet figured out how to cram 72 hours in a day.

As for resetting the TOC, you should be able to construct a link that simply reloads the FlashHelp system. Once you do this, the TOC should start life anew.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp