• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 14.2.1 Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the 14.2.1 update for Photoshop is already out. The ProDesignTools site has direct links to the CC updates and when you change the download link from 14.2 to 14.2.1 it starts downloading update 14.2.1. I applied the update and indeed it updates CC to 14.2.1

My question: why is the internet teeming with 14.2.1 chatter but we have heard nothing on Adobe forums or otherwise. When I checked on a Photoshop CC install in a VM only the 14.2 update was still being offered. I couldn't even find a changelog or any sort of anouncement regarding the 14.2.1 update. I guess this is what would be called a 'leak' then.

Anyway, to confirm, the slow startup (where PS hangs in the Tree preset because it contained a network folder) is fixed. As to the other fixes and features we'll have to wait for an official changelog, I guess. I find all this very puzzling but OK.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Photoshop CC 14.2.1 Updates Now (officially) Available. Numerous bug fixes/improvements detailed here:  http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=1073

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that's not the 14.1.2 update you downloaded?

I'm sure adobe would let everyone know if the photoshop 14.2.1 update (or whatever the next update is called) was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it looks that way, so i don't know what's up with that.

For all we know that's how it always works, in that the updates are loaded to the servers a while before the official release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's up and it does update PS CC to 14.2.1. In fact, I'm using it right now

I'm just a casual user, yet I find 14.2.1 and mention it for the first time on Adobe forums. Last time I discovered why PS CC 14.2 was starting up so slow (due to Tree preset; or rather, network drive folder shortcut). I mean, am I the only one who even cares??? LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Parafer's right that we have all the CC update links for both Windows and Mac OS, and will be keeping those lists up-to-date going forward — and RKelly is right that as a matter of preparedness, Adobe has to have any updates in place on their download servers before their release is officially announced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't officially released any updates, yet. It's strongly suggested that folks wait for the official channels for the announcement and update through the Creative Cloud app. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey,

I'm getting the idea these updates are in test release and may go back for for adjustments or are not complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 14.2.1 Updates Now (officially) Available. Numerous bug fixes/improvements detailed here:  http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=1073

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've updated CC on my 2013 MBP and now Photoshop is not responding correctly when I use the "edit in photoshop" command in LR. It also does not recognise .png files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds to me like there was a failure of some kind with the update. Try this solution: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-fastcore-routines-displays-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parafer wrote:

It appears the 14.2.1 update for Photoshop is already out.

We can all play that game, thank you very much! 

Turbo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to compare hashes of the 14.2.1 update files, or do you not have any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow 25 fixes in one month. Show you how good Adobe programmers are at fixing bugs when management lets them. If management let them continue Photoshop could be clean within the year.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be picky, but I counted 26 in Jeff's list. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One was noted as an improvement 25 as fixes

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a few that overlapped and fell into generaliztions - so technically there were even more than 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, personally, find mainatenance releases like this extremely satisfying. It's good to hear other do as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines