• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Styles & Numbering

New Here ,
May 17, 2007 May 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user of RoboHelp starting to convert training manuals into online help. I've created a suitable template, includng just one numbered style for sequenced steps or actions. The problems is that every time I put another style between two steps as an intermediate comment or note, the step numbering restarts at 1. I know that I can Format>Bullets and Numbering> Restart Numbering at 2, but it will mean doing this hundredsof times.

In Word styles it is possible to keep the numbering consecutive even when broken by other stles occuring between steps. Can this be done in RoboHelp, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

The way RoboHelp works is the way Word originally worked. Then Microsoft changed the method to the one you describe and I seem to recall howls of protest about that. There is no right or wrong way, it should be a user choice.

Unfortunately for you RoboHelp works the old way and there is no option.

Maybe in your case using a table would help. Put all your content in the right column and put numbers in the left column where required.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ianxley and welcome to the RH community. Unfortunately there is no way around this. You have to manually reset the numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter. Didn't see you standing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Colum,

Thank you both for your help.

Colum, I'll trust you'll recognise ianxley as a recent former colleague!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A-ha! I get it now. Welcome aboard Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp