• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash non player

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of Flash Player was disabled as obsolete (?) and I have been unable to install a new one (11.6.602.167) as downloaded. Installation gets me "Error: unable to proceed with installation" I have Mac OS 10.9.1 and Safari 7.0.1. I also have Firefox and Chrome.as back-ups. Resort to the forum tells me that I should have a file: mach_kernel.zip, which I don't seem to have and I do not have quoted addresses in System Preferences either. How do I get these things?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

If you've got 10.9.1, you DO have a mach_kernel file. The 10.9 upgrade installs a new one, even if you may have deleted it with 10.8.5.

It's a hidden file, so unless you know the sudo command to expose it, or you use "Secrets" preference pane to reveal hidden files... you won't see it.

Try doing a clean install: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That'll manually remove the old plug-in and replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got 10.9.1, you DO have a mach_kernel file. The 10.9 upgrade installs a new one, even if you may have deleted it with 10.8.5.

It's a hidden file, so unless you know the sudo command to expose it, or you use "Secrets" preference pane to reveal hidden files... you won't see it.

Try doing a clean install: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That'll manually remove the old plug-in and replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Clean Install' fixed the problem. Thanks a lot.

++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines