• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Plug-in Problem

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the latest Flash player to my macbook (after i got my hard drive replaced) yet Google Chrome does not recognize that I downloaded it. When I go to chrome:plugins to enable it, flash does not even come up in an option as a plug in. I have tried restarting and redownloading, but nothing different.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Chrome (whether WIndows or Mac) uses its own proprietary plug-in called "PepperFlash". Adobe writes the base code, but Google modifies it before embedding it. Downloading the Flash Player for Mac does nothing to affect the PepperFlash player plug-in because it's contained in a separate location.

You'll need to update (or in some cases trash and reinstall) Chrome to update the PepperFlash plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome (whether WIndows or Mac) uses its own proprietary plug-in called "PepperFlash". Adobe writes the base code, but Google modifies it before embedding it. Downloading the Flash Player for Mac does nothing to affect the PepperFlash player plug-in because it's contained in a separate location.

You'll need to update (or in some cases trash and reinstall) Chrome to update the PepperFlash plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines