• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 clone tool not working

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son banged on my keyboard while I was in the middle of editing a photo using the clone tool. Now the tool is looks as though it's working when I'm sampling an area but when I go to change the designated area it isn't doing anything. And it's got a bright white spot in the circle. Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

I'd try resetting the clone stamp tool by right clicking on the clone stamp icon in the tool options bar and choosing Reset Tool

and also check your options in the clone source panel. (Window>Clone Source)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try resetting the clone stamp tool by right clicking on the clone stamp icon in the tool options bar and choosing Reset Tool

and also check your options in the clone source panel. (Window>Clone Source)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clone tool suddenly stopped working today.  I read all the posts and did everything mentioned.  I went back to CS5 and it works fine. I did notice in PS CC the clone tool sets the brush in TRANSFER to pen pressure.  I can turn that off and lock it, but it will immediately turn it back on when I use the clone tool.  It was working fine one second then stopped.  It is working VERY lightly even though set to 100%. I discovered this by creating a new document with black and white and cloning there. 

What happened?

I did have a CC update just before this happened.  I did reset everything, turn everything on and off, turn off the Graphics Processor, turn off every other application, updated the driver for the waccom tablet... all to no avail.

Any solutions?  I shall have to go back to CS5.  Don't want to.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clone tool stopped working, and I fixed it by switching the Sample dropdown in the control panel from Current Layer to All Layers. Not sure if you're having the same problem, but that did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years later and your comment has helped me. thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....It's back working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked!!!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: click "Q" on the keyboard to exit Quick Mask Mode.

I came across this post because I had the exact same problem. The suggestions weren't fixing it, and I also wasn't able to copy and paste with a selection tool. By luck I noticed that my file said "Quick Mask" next to the title tab. Exiting quick mask (typing Q) restored editing abilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Such a quick and simple fix! Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines