• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contents,Index,Search,Glossary frame don't display in Webhelp from RH11 on 64-bit PC

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display of Webhelp generated from RH11 running on a 64-bit virtual PC.

We are upgrading from RH 9 to RH 11 to fix issues with displaying webhelp on IE 10.

To evaluate RH 11, I am running 2 virtual PCs, one 32-bit and one 64-bit.

When I create webhelp from the 32-bit PC, it displays perfectly in all browsers.

When I create webhelp from the 64-bit PC, the Contents,Index,Search,Glossary frame takes about 30 seconds to appear for all IE browsers.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of.

While not designed for this issue, I would nonetheless apply the recent fixes. See the forum Announcements.

Clutching at straws, Tools > Update DHTML Effects. Also delete the CPD file and reopen the project.

Tell us if that helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've installed the patches on http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-issues-robohelp-versions-10.html, and deleted the CPD and updated DHTML effects. The TOC/index/search/glossary panel of the Webhelp still takes about 20 seconds longer to display than the main panel.

Removing the "Add mark of the web" option makes the webhelp ask to allow blocked content. It still takes 20 secs to display.

This problem doesn't happen if we produce the webhelp from a project on a32-bit PC. It occurs only from a 64-bit. As we are all migrating to 64-bit, we need to understand if this is a blocking issue.

Anyone else using a 64-bit PC?

Regards, Joanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't touched a 32 bit pc in years. And I've not encountered this

issue before.

Could it be that the settings in your SSL are different? You can choose

to optimize for local intranet or internet. Try selecting internet for

faster loading.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp