• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i delete the old version of Flash Player for IE?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a program called Qualys that checks all my browsers and the only one that is unsecure is IE and it says i need to delete the previous version of Flash Player. How do i do this?

Adobe Flash Player

Product Version:

Show / Hide Details

Insecure Version

Click the Fix It button to launch the update installer or  to be directed to the website where you c...

• File checked: c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash\flash.ocx
  • Installed File Version: 12.0.0.44
  • Latest File Version: 12.0.0.70
  • Recommendation: Update to the latest secure version and remove older insecure files manually if they are not removed by the update installer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Installing Flash Player forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Note: That WON'T work for IE in Windows 8 or 8.1. Flash Player for IE10 or 11 MUST be updated through WIndows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not seeing any Windows Updates, it says everything is up to date. Is it just something that Windows is working on and hasnt released yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using IE11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah im using 11, i downloaded that seperate windows update but it still says there is an old version on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I delete the 12.0.0.44 Activex file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jckinnick,

If your OS is not Windows 8.x, you can use the uninstaller to manually uninstall Flash Player.  Please see Uninstall Flash Player | Windows‌.  If this is Windows 8.x then Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and you cannot uninstall it manually.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines