• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import your Air/Flex project from FB 4.6 to FB4.7

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems so easy.. however, I can't figure out how to do it.

I used to build my projects (Air projects with merged SDK) in FB4, FB4.5 later FB4.6 and now 4.7. But when I import my old project, it gets an old 3.4 AIR SDK. Wtf?

When I go to the project settings and want to change the sdk to my Flex 4.6 with Air 4.0 SDK, I cant! it sais "This project will use AIR SDK 3.4".

So I go to FB settings, add the new SDK in Flex SDK's but still I can't change the SDK from my project.

When I create a new Flex project, I can select the right SDK's. But I never made a Flex project. I make Air projects.

So it seems to me that Flash builder 4.7 can have multiple Flex SDK's (merged or not) for Flex projects only, and just one SDK for Air projects which you can't be changed.

O and the default is also freaking old.

Now who the hell came up with that stuff at Adobe?...

So I located the Air SDK my FB is using, and replaced it with my Flex4.7 and Air4.0 SDK. No luck, whole FB went nuts.

Anyone has a clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same happen, I've not looked into it in much detail but I do the following:

1. Zip up the project folder

2. Delete the project in FlashBuilder (take note of any swcs / src paths etc)

3. Setup new FlashBuilder project of same type

4. Copy everything back into the folder

5. Setup the swcs and src paths

6. Add sdk via windows > propoerties > seach sdk

And when FlashBuider really goes pair shaped (which it often does)

Delete meta, and project settings folders for whole workspace (backup whole dir) and restart FlashBuilder creating new project using same name for each project folder in the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, thanks

I'm not really sure if this will will help, because it seems I just can't select any SDK for an Air project. But I will try it.

Best,

marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, so I removed my project from FB4.7 and created a new Flex project.

Had to setup a lot of things again but now its working again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FlashBuilder (doesn't matter what version) screws this up all the time. There are so many files related to configuration of the workspace, the projects within the workspace and the eclipse environment that it gets messed up all the time.

I never have this problem in other editors Eclipse based editors like InteliJ, Aptana, FDT etc. It's just Adobe growing / extending a tool which has bad programming in it and not bothering to go back and fix the root of the problem before expanding on it. FlashBuilder doesn't get the attention it deserves from Adobe. If they are not careful in the not too distant future when WebGL is supported on all the major web browsers and tools are released to translate WebGL to OpenGL ES iOS and Android applications AIR might see itself becoming a thing of the past. Esepcially when the tools can't even save the state of the projects they themselves created correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines