• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI language for PS CC ...

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed PS CC from my local Creative Cloud, so the language of UI is not English. Can I change the language of UI?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it is supposed to follow the language of your operating system. You need to go change the preferences of the installer to switch to English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ...

I need to download and install again for English ((

Can we have any option for switching between languages temporarily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be able to switch languages after the quick install of te English text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the "language for apps" of the installer English ... Do I need to redownload and reinstall the PS CC now? What do you mean with "quick install of the English text"? Thanks a lot ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I could not find the quick install ))

I'm redownloading now and it has reached 6% ... Do I need to redownload complete PS CC again in English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not uninstall Photoshop CC, the installer should only install the language pack, and it is supposed to be a quick process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not uninstall the previously installed PS CC ...  after redownloading process reached to 11% for the new language, I cancelled it for now. I will try it again tomorrow. But, it seems to me that it will not be so quick )) Thanks a lot PE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete ... according to the page you posted, we can not use multiple UI language. It says that we should first uninstall currently installed apps.

But, at the top of the main forum page there is a link titled "Updating to Photoshop CC (Frequently Asked Questions)" ... and at the "Additional Questions" section of this page, there is a link "How do I install multiple language versions of an app?" The video on this page says that we can use multiple UI language as mentioned by PECoutejoie (by quickly installing the second language pack on the firstly installed application).

It seems that this feature does not work with CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install another language as described in the video, but the installer downloads a and installs a full version and not just a language pack. Photoshop is the only app from the core apps where you can change the UI language in the settings. It doesn't work in the other apps e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere. According to the tech-specs of Adobe it should work with all apps. I wasn't able to get the other apps to work.  My support contact already sent the issue to the developers.

Does anybody knwo how to uninstall a language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcus, I think that the kb says that you can install an additional language, but if you want to replace a language by another, it's an uninstall, reinstall process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie schrieb:

Marcus, I think that the kb says that you can install an additional language, but if you want to replace a language by another, it's an uninstall, reinstall process.

I don't need to replace the language.I'm fine having the option to switch between the installed languages. I faced / am facing 5 problems:

1) The new installer didn't respect the setting of the old installer. This is why I had the problems to begin with. I can't change this anymore, but it is important that other users are aware of this bug.

2) I did install a second language as stated in various posts and the video that was mentioned by Adobe support. The secod bug is that the new installer does not only downloads and installs the language pack, but rather the whole software (20 extra GB for nothing)

3.) Despite the installed two languages (2 times the whole software) almost all of the software starts with the first (wrongly) installed language. The video states that you need to change the OS language to use another UI language. This is stupid and contradicts the technical specs of Adobe for the cloud which state that the language can be chosen for each application.

4.) Only Photoshop offers a UI language setting, but all apps should support it. Some of the Air Apps like Muse and also Lightroom offer various languages, independent of additional installed CC apps via the installer with changes default language setting. So it is completely unneccasary to download and install one of those apps again. Waste of resources and time. The installer is not aware of it.

5.) Nobody at support so far was able to tell me how to uninstall a language.

All seems to be very buggy and support has no clue. The employee I spoke to first didn't even have CC apps on his computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Locales\(you language name)\Support Files and delete or rename file tw10428.dat (example tw10428.dat.bak)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dejevi schrieb:

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Locales\(you language name)\Support Files and delete or rename file tw10428.dat (example tw10428.dat.bak)

Thanks for that info! Despite that there should be an UI to remove a language, it is at least a workaround. Just 4 more problems to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marcus Koch @PECourtejoie

Hi Pierre, how to install only an additional language pack without reinstall the Photoshop?

Yes, i use Photoshop CC in English (my OS Mac is English) but i need also French language.

NB1: I do not want to reinstall the software but only add a French language pack!

NB2: I also want to understand how to find only the French language pack!

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marcus Koch

2) I did install a second language as stated in various posts and the video that was mentioned by Adobe support. The secod bug is that the new installer does not only downloads and installs the language pack, but rather the whole software (20 extra GB for nothing)

Hi Marcus, sure - this is a bug!

Anyway can you confirm that the only way to obtain an addition language is reinstalll the software?

And: the old language remain and after i can switch with the ui between languages​​?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie wrote:

If you did not uninstall Photoshop CC, the installer should only install the language pack, and it is supposed to be a quick process.

Same for me, after switching the installer settings (that were on English before the manager update!) the installer is downloaded the complete software. I have already more than 50GB of download volume. Does Adobe re-imburse me for that extra usage? I wasted a whole day of my creative live with that crappy cloud.

Yes, it would make sense to install only the language packs, but what makes sense nowadays with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I unsinstall a language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's surely a bug. I had the English version installed and then decided to "add" the Dutch version. The installer went through the whole process instead of just downloading the language pack.

I was a bit worried because my c-drive is more or less getting filled up. But after the setup Photoshop apparently throws all superfluous data away as I saw that my drive had approximately the same amount of free space again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as Ronald stated, too, the installer downloads the whole package. The following installation only adds the language, so the hard drive usage is only little.

The bigger problem is that only Photoshop has a UI switch in its options dialog. Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc. don't have this switch. So despite having downloaded (the full package) and installed a second language version of the software it is still running in the first language and you can't switch it. At the moment the only option is to uninstall the respective programs, re-download, and re-install them again in another language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roland

Many thanks! Please, now you can switch to choose English or Dutch languages for the preferences Ui?

@Marcus

Sure, it's a great problem that Illustrator and InDesign do not have the preferences Ui!

So despite having downloaded (the full package) and installed a second language version of the software it is still running in the first language and you can't switch it.

Sure it's a bug of the installer! Big problem to solve!

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo wrote:

Many thanks! Please, now you can switch to choose English or Dutch languages for the preferences Ui?

31-08-2013 11-48-53.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved 6 months later? This is kind of important, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Illustrator and Indesign, the Interface language is not the only factor,but the regional typography and layout standards.

For those apps, uninstall and reinstall is the only way to change the language, or you could setup a separate user account and install AI and ID in your chosen second language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines