• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearance of my contactus.cfm page?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a website and about a year ago the contactus.cfm page disappeared, although the other three pages were still visible. Would that be because I had not updated it? Or some other reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not updating a page doesn't cause it it disappear, so it must be something else.  Has the actual .cfm page disappeared from your server, or is it there but not accessible via the web?  If the former I'd suggest you see who has access to your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for answering me, I'm not sure which of the two options it could be. I shall endeavour to discover. I made the site at a charity where I learnt coding but the contactus.cfm page went down and I was unable to check my coding because soon after that the host/domain expired. I'm planning to get my own host/domain but the charity are trying to hopefully renew the host/domain, and get it online again so I should be able to address the issue with your suggestions, and thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Also, I coded it with HTML4.01 Transitional. Do I need to change it to HTML5, or will it be supported still do you know? ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML4.01 is OK. In fact, the overwhelming majority of websites are still on HTML4.x.

Your site is small. As such, you should ideally develop and test it in Eclipse. The 2 possibilities are: a full installation of the trial version of CFBuilder (based on Eclipse) or an installation of Eclipse together with CFEclipse plugin. Of particular interest to you, both have an elaborate search facility to enable you to locate a file or even a line of code.

If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to ask. Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation