• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not taking screenshots?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Captivate 7 on a Windows 7 64bit PC. It will take one or two screenshots while recording then stops responding to the PrtScn key. Captivate doesn't stop when I hit the End key either. I have tried Fn PrtSCn and Cntl PrtScn and tried Running as Administrator. Can anyone help please?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI -

Not sure whether this will help, but here is my experience ... I had automatic set for recording, but  was not getting the screen shots automatically. I discoverd that it was because of my dual monitor setup.

Hope that helps,

Phebe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phebe wrote:

...I had automatic set for recording, but  was not getting the screen shots automatically. I discoverd that it was because of my dual monitor setup.

Soooo, are you saying that as long as you had two monitors connected it just didn't work for whatever reason and when you disconnected the second monitor things began working?

Or are you saying that perhaps you told Captivate to record one monitor but all your activity was occurring on the other monitor, so Captivate wasn't sensing any activity on the monitor you were using?

Or something else entirely?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, to clarify ... I hope ...

When I was recording, the application window that I was capturing was displaying on my secopnd monitor. When I moved my application for recording to my primary monitor, the automatic recording worked. I did not disconnect anything.

And just to further clarify ... I do not know if this in fact was a fix or mere coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources