• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility of Adobe DE with Sony Reader (PRS-T3)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My ebook reader died and I want to get a new one, possibly the Sony PRS-T3. I have a lot of DRM-protected books registered to my Adobe account in Digital Editions. Before I buy a new device I want to be sure I can continue to have access to the ebooks I bought.

Is the Sony Reader PRS-T3 compatible with ADE, then?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the PRS-T3, but later versions of ADE (2.0/2.0.1/3.0) have a bug that prevents them working with Sony PRS-350 and several others in conjuction with Overdrive library books.

Adobe have been aware of this bug (and many others) on ADE 2.0 for over two years, but don't seem in the least bit interested in fixing them.

ADE 1.7.2 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I feared that much, since the T3-model was not in Adobe's list over compatible products. I hoped it was simply because the list was too old, but it seems there is a different explanation to that.

A different question: my old reader was authorised in ADE. Can I bind a new (and compatible) device to the same ID so I can continue reading the books I have already purchased with the old ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can register up to 6 devices at a time with a given Adobe ID.

Sometimes the Adobe system doesn't notice when you deregister a device, or you lose access to a device without first deregistering,

You then have to contact Adobe service (live chat) to get all the registrations reset and start registering again the ones you still want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines