• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Zoomed Area

New Here ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got really excited when I heard about the Zoomed Area feature in Captivate 2. I thought it meant that I no longer needed my trusty Virtual Magnifying Glass ( http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/), but that may not be the case just yet. See, I would like to move my zommed area once is has zoomed, but I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing something simple? Or is there a workaround? I thought maybe I could insert a new slide with the zoom matching the last slide, and simply move the 'show zoom' window but it doesn't quite wwork, as it does not remain fully zoomed.

Any help greatly appreciated, even if it is just to confirm that it can't be done.

Cheers,
spritc.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2007 May 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spritc

I think if I were in your shoes here, I'd opt for using an image as the zoom. Note that when you look at the Zoom Destination Area half of the component, you may select an image that is used for the zoom process. You then would zoom the image and could later use the image on subsequent slides. Even to simply move it from one place to another.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2007 May 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Thanks for replying, but I'm not quite sure I am following you. What I am trying to achieve is the effect of moving a 'live' zoomed window. I can do this with my virtual magnifying glass, but I would like to achieve it in Captivate so I can grey out everything else at the same time. It will be quite a good look and very effective at explaining parts of a complex GUI.

Does your method achieve this? I'm just not quite sure what image I would use. Any further explanations would be appreciated.

Cheers,
spritc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2007 May 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spritc

Hmmm, I think I may have misunderstood you. From what you are describing, it would seem you wish to dynamically move the zoomed area. For example, having an area of the screen magnified, yet stationary? Then the appearance would be that of passing the magnifying glass over different screen sections?

If so, I'm unaware of a way to accomplish this.

Initially, I was thinking you wanted to zoom into an area, then later move what you zoomed to a different part of the screen.

Hopefully someone more creative than I will offer you a workaround.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2007 May 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to do - so it appears like a magnifying glass hovering over my work. It's very easy with the virtual magnifying glass, but I really want to move the greyed out area with it, which is not possible AFAICS.

If you think of anything, or if anyone else comes up with a way of doing it, please let me know.

Thanks always,
spritc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources