• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't install past 50%

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Flash 12 to install past 50%. It keeps telling me to close Firefox. No where on this computer is Firefox open. I've closed it, and made sure. I hit "retry" and it just keeps telling me to close Firefox, never getting past 50% isntal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've quit firefox. I'm on a mac. And I went to force quit, closed everything and restarted my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MinB wrote:

I'm on a mac.

Need to specify that in the original post.

99 times out of 100 when I see an "app is open" question, it's Windows.

However, a lot of "Windows converts" who are new to Mac don't understand that, unlike in Windows, closing the application window on a Mac DOESN'T always quit the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. It's in my tags. But I should've clarified. I understand how to close a program on a mac. I know closing a window never actually closes a program on a mac and you must close from the nav bar, or the dock and choose "quit". So I'm 100% sure that program is closed on this computer and flash is still asking me to close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually a clean install will work around that, because you reboot in the process.

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines