• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort by date in ADMIN for Web Apps

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously why are web app items sorted by name in the admin section.

Most would want it by date!

But even if you do want it by name, why is there no option to change the sort.

I have a client with 100's of items, and they have nearly given up finding the latest items entered.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John, it would be a nice enhancement of course, but in my experience most of the clients I have worked with prefer it to be althabetical as they run based on the name of the thing and it makes it easier to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be a simple enhancement, something I added to the wishlist years ago.

I use Webapps as a Content Management tool, as there is nothing else to use in its place. There must be others using it for something similar.

Not sure if it is changed, but a Web app is the only thing I can use for many people to login and then be able to post items, and select Categories, so the items appear on different web pages simultaneously. News or information that the volunteers need to get out to members, but we dont allow the volaunteers to have access to the full admin of the site.

In the past I tried blogs and news, and they did not cut it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is one of the things I have seen over the years, asked for but in the big scheme of things it is one of the low priority things. I am sure you can imagine how many requests there are for a global platform and appreciate you got to prioritise that massive list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Liam is that not the problem

There are so many low level problems not getting fixed.

I just spent an hour deleteing customers with hard and soft bounced email addresses because there is no easy way to do it, and my client was angry.

There are so many of these SMALL problems, which are so easy to fix, yet they are not getting fixed, EVEN after a full rewrite of the admin screen.

Look at the this problem

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1409142?tstart=0

Really, one image at a time?

Seriously - why is everything half done, glossed over to look fantastic, but the functionality is not really there,  AND its not getting fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image thing, is minar, I can link many CMS's at the core do that. You have to build a media gallery to insert it into wordpress or it stil is one by one, OR you get an addon.

I could built something with open platform and others can soon if its a big issue for thier site, for a custom sollution needed for that client.

I can say as well that the image thing is a small thing, I in a number of years now have not had clients complain about that much, probably 1 or 2. Most complain about other things like the lack of marketing features there were - addressed and more things which have been addressed. But of course there more things that can be done, And BC are working on sollutions for these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thats the problem right there!

For us many of these things are not minor. Yes Liam, you can build something to get around it, and probably have for many of your clients, but for other BC sellers, we may not have that background to do so, and yet we were sold the platform based on it doing what we needed, supplementing our non coding backgrounds.

Its not as if we are asking for major changes, but when the whole backend is rewritten, and those small changes were not made, we have to ask WHY!

When will BC improve the functionality of existing items, many of which are just small changes to reflect the functionality of other systems out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that is the point of open platform, You will soon be able to go to the BC app store and purchase or obtain free apps to do those sorts of custom things so you do not have to code that.

So if I do it, I put it up on the app store and you can get it, install it and just use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam I have a lot of respect for you. You have helped me and others for a long time.

However is it fair that we have to pay for things, when we have been asking for these small enhancements for years, even before you joined the platform, where outside systems were already offering the enhanced functionality.

I have always realised that, low priority should be behind higher priority items, but that does not mean they should not be done, and worse we are now expected to pay separately for it.

I stopped promoting BC years ago, because of those small functionality issues, that pushed BC to being nearly brochureware. Probabaly too harsh, but as soon as you get a little outside a small company client or they need something a little different, they were already using on other platforms, it falls over.

But it was always due to the system actually nearly being there, and promoting it was there, but when it came to crunchtime, little things made it difficult or impossible to use. The wishlist was full of small functionality changes that would have dramatically made BC easier to use and market to clients, but they never got done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully not small enhancements no. My point is that BC has been working on 2 major things for a while.

1. The big migration to the Amazon servers

2. The ability for us to be able to build more of those custom sollutions we and other may need that BC can not prioritise high enough or invest in for the little return there end they may get through the open platform.

At Pretty we would love to see core features improved a lot as well, do not get me wrong here. But you need to understand that your request in the scope of the global product and all the requests they get, its not right up there as a priority just yet. They will get to it, but just do not expect it to be like next month is all I am saying.

Hopefully when they tick some more boxes on some big feature requests they need to deliver core stuff can be worked on more after, we just need to stay tuned. You will have seen a massive improvement in the admin for example for this release... No more bouncing around save bars, no more iframes, No constant load spinners as well as a few more tweaks and the closure of v2 to help v3 run better.

Canonical URL's for products are in too, and the system can handle bigger imports for marketing lists as well. Just a few things along with heaps of fixes. That while they are working on this new open platform stuff.

They seem to be flat out and doing heaps already this year at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines