• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE - Reader makes a sound when scrolling up and Down.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community

I have bought ebooks on (ADE) and when I scroll up and down it makes a sound which can be very distracting when studying as I read textbooks to study with. does anyone know how to stop the sound coming when I arrow up and down. I have a macbook white 13' with maverick installed  and tried going over my keyboard shortcuts and phoned apple support and they said contact Adobe. I have tried opening preferecnes in this app and open with usual keyboard shortcuts in my usual pane.  But page and down does not make any noise but soemtimes I want to scroll down only a couple of lines. I do someone is havign the same problem as me do reply. Await a response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it's been 7 years since this original questio nwas posted and I am still having the same problem. It is very distracting and unnecessary to hear a sound every time I scroll down a page. I would love an option to disable this without having to mute all the sound from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same problem and found a solution for macbook users. If you go to sound in system preferences you can disable "play user interface sound effects" and it does the trick. Only downside is that all user interface sound effects are turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines