• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp x5 TOC and index missing when the project is converted to RoboHelp 10

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, RoboHelp x5 TOC and index missing when the project is converted to RoboHelp 10. Any ideas for recovering or importing the x5 TOC and index?

Before this is suggested, auto-create is not an option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps give this a try. From the Project Manager pod, right-click the Table of Contents area and choose "New Table of Contents". Give it a name and enable the "Copy existing Table of Contents" check box. Then click the Ellipsis icon on the far right side. See if you have a .HHC file in the folder. Odds are, you will. That will be the existing (missing) TOC.

tmp1.png

Hopefully that will work. If so, repeat the process for the index.

I think when upgrading the project something goes wrong with naming.

Let us know if this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions.

I can add new items to the table of contents, but I have not been able to restore the previoulsy created table of contents.

I have encountered a second more serious issue with the missing search tab. I have tried several of the suggested fixes from the forum, but still no search tab. Unfortunately, the search is not optional so I am debating whether to install x5 on another pc with XP and Office 2003 or continue trying to debug version 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a copy of the project in X5 format? If so, create another copy so you don't lose the X5 version and try again.

From X5 to RH10 is a big jump. I would be happy to try with some interim versions to see if say X5 to Rh8 and then Rh10 works any better.

Contact me via my site if you want to pursue that option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason you email is blocking my reply to your offline contact. Zip both projects separately and send them separately via wetransfer.com.

Do you have a gmail address or similar that we can use? Don't post it here. Email me from it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the issue with one of the two projects. When I removed the ..\!SSL!\WebHelp\ folder from the larger project, it converted with the TOC intact.

Thank you Peter for the offer to convert the data. I have forwarded the second project that will not covert with the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X5 machine whinged a bit about opening X5 but I don't think what it reported would have affected anything.

There is no TOC in the X5 project you sent me so there is nothing to upgrade.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for looking into this issue.

After reinstalling XP, Office 2003, and RoboHelp X5 onto a discommission notebook pc, I tested five different back up copies of the help file. The oldest copy had the TOC, which converted without problems into V10.

Again, thank you for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp