Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio from inserted video keeps playing on next slide

New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm experimenting with Adobe Presenter 6. I have inserted a video clip into a slide. There is a stop action on frame1 with a button that advances to frame2. The video has audio, which unfortunately keeps playing if I advance to the next slide. If I go once slide further ahead, the audio from the video stops. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It's driving me crazy! Thanks!
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Doc!

I actually ran into the same situation...not with a video clip, but with a basic flash animation that had audio in it. I'm not suggesting that the following will definitely work for you, but it might be worth taking a look at:

Any audio that's set to "Event" while editing in Flash will continue to "stream" , even while navigating between slides. In most cases that I've seen (from my experience), audio will stop if the offending slide is placed immediately before a question slide. I realize that might not be practical in every case, so....

1. Make sure that audio sync settings in flash are set to "Stream". What this does is effectively kill off any audio once you navigate away from the slide that has the embedded flash on it.
2. you can always add a stopAllSounds(); method in flash, but that's not highly recommended UNLESS your content slide (with the offending flash object ) comes immediately before, or within a range of question slides. Again, this too might not be entirely practical based on what you're trying to do.

I realize that might not help, but as I said, it might be worth taking a look at how you're incorporating your video.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources