• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player doesn't work in IE11, but works fine in Chrome!

Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to view a video on Yahoo I get the message "You need Adobe Flash Player to play this video". I am using IE 11, on a Windows 7 Alienware notebook. Yet when I switch to Chrome it works just fine. I have done all the usual stuff:

1. Uninstalled Flash Player, and reinstalling.

2. Confirmed that "Run ActiveD" is enabled.

3. Confirmed that it is active under Manage Add-ons

4. I even made some Registry tweaks.

None of these work.

I hope someone can help me--I see that there are many questions here that noone has been able to help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own proprietary Flash Player plugin ("PepperFlash"), which updates and functions independently of the ActiveX plugin in IE.
IE 11 has had quite a few problems as the web "catches up" to the new release. Facebook has been a prime example.
Try enabling Compatibility View with IE. That's resolved a number of issues, including Facebook and NetFlix problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and tried all the suggested solutions.  Finally, on the page where it was failing I clicked the "Some content on this page is blocked" icon (circle with line thru it) on the top of the page next to the refresh icon.  That turned off the active x filtering.  It worked!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please use below article and follow the instructions,

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines